forum

Singletap recommendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Megadex
Hi, i want to know your recommendations about my singletap. I do single tap with the middle finger and sometimes when i play fast maps, like Image Material, its hard to click, for the speed of the map. And when i play a fast 4* map it get difficult to click. I see that top players singletap with index finger, but when i try it, it feels very uncomfortable.

So, i wanna know if i use the middle for the comfort i have using it, or start playing with the index.

Deva
Alternate. Single tapping is shit.
vinnicci
Snow901
I only single tap doubles or notes that have weird spacing between the timing of notes that are not even which makes alternating those harder.
gregest
literally preference, but there is no point in switching to alternating because that's only for people who are slow
Deva

CptBlackBird wrote:

there is no point in switching to alternating because that's only for people who are slow
I'm sorry that alternating requires few brain cells so you cant do it.
Teh_king
All preference aside, I used to ONLY singletap with my middle finger, but over time, I've switched to my index mainly, but I can alternate, or switch to my middle finger, but I use my index, because I can single tap longer, and I have more stamina with that finger. It's all about whichever feels comfortable for you. Rafis uses index, and hvick uses middle, azer alternates, and index uses whatever feels comfortable.
Use whichever one you feel is the most accurate, and comfortable.
Fxjlk

HK_ wrote:

NixXSkate

HK_ wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

there is no point in switching to alternating because that's only for people who are slow
I'm sorry that alternating requires few brain cells so you cant do it.
I didn't know alternating required brain cells, I thought it just meant you played like a wuss

It's not like you need to alternate everything, because most people can't stream faster than they can singletap anyway. Alternating is a good skill to have in the bag, but I don't think you should completely neglect training your singletap stamina.

As for what finger you should use, it's all preference, but learning how to start streams on either finger will help your finger coordination in general.
Yolshka

NixXSkate wrote:

I didn't know alternating required brain cells, I thought it just meant you played like a wuss
I'd be singletapping so much faster by now oh well, I suppose It's just a bad habit.
Don't chicken out from singletapping fast stuff ;)
Bahamate/ Recia casually singletapping my streams :cry:
Deva

NixXSkate wrote:

I thought it just meant you played like a wuss
Then why do you wuss out when you see them high BPM streams?
I Give Up
Choose whichever finger you are comfortable with and don't brute force your way into a new play style, and don't listen to comments that trash talk other play styles especially comments from low skilled players.
NixXSkate

HK_ wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I thought it just meant you played like a wuss
Then why do you wuss out when you see them high BPM streams?
You don't seem to understand, people can generally singletap 1/2s faster than they can stream 1/4s, the only reason to alternate is to have more control in your aim hand since some people can't while singletapping. So if you can do the streams, you can most likely keep up singletapping the 1/2 notes. This means that alternating is only useful if you can't isolate your left hand's movements from your right hand well (perhaps from lack of practice), or the song is too fast to singletap while not having streams. People refer to the singletapping style of tapping for 1/2 notes, nobody expects you to play like Amamiya Kentei and singletap the 1/4s (Unless the bpm is so low that it uses 1/8 streams).
Topic Starter
Megadex

HK_ wrote:

Too hard m8.
Topic Starter
Megadex
I just alternate when the notes are to close.