forum

What's a good tablet for Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TrainerAbu
I tried searching for "tablet" and "tablet" and "use" but I didn't see anything after going through the first 6 pages of reuslts

I know nothing about tablets, I've never had one. What's a good cheap tablet with a screen that won't scratch that's good for Osu :3? I hope they're just like 5 dollars cuz I only want a tablet for Osu =X
Saturos
Thanks for a good laugh.

Tablets range anywhere between $50-750+. And you will NOT want a cheap one for osu.
James
theres a $5 tablet, a medicine tablet
machol30
I got my $200 or $300 (yeah, I forget how much it was XD ) tablet Christmas, which wasn't primarily for osu, since I didn't find that until later, but is now. I got it at a CompUSA store. :P
James
few dollars more i can buy an xbox 360 here :(
RavenlockA
Basically, what everybody else has said.....

Get used to the mouse. Many of the top users on the site are mousers.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nharox

RavenlockA wrote:

Seconded. Saturos, Sousei and I are pretty good with the mouse. :P

I tried a tablet but it fells "wrong" to play with it. At least for me. And I wouldn't recommend it if you only want a tablet for Osu! except you find a really cheap one. But at the end, you have to know what you do with your money. ;)

Download: Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run (sonnyc) [Normal].osu
machol30

Nharox wrote:

RavenlockA wrote:

Seconded. Saturos, Sousei and I are pretty good with the mouse. :P
can't forget Rolled and Ivalset! :P

I'm more or less currently using mouse to play osu. Better in accuracy in terms of timing, but horrible with it in terms of spacing.
awp
If you wanna do well your best options are splurge $2500 on a tablet PC that osu! is supported on or get used to the mouse, possibly through purchase of a gaming mouse. Apart from spinning, tablet's probably harder (less stable, DEFINITELY worse for smaller notes) but imo more fun hence why I use it and hence why I'm not in the top 10/20 fighting tooth and nail every day with the rest of yez <3
Twilight_old
I use a quite a cheap tablet, it's old now but it works very well, I can perfect most songs with it, but if you want to feel like your playing the DS original, get a Tablet-PC tablet (They have screens and are very good for osu!). You can get used to a tablet without a screen, but it has a much larger learning curve than an expensive tablet/Tablet-PC tablet.
Raziel_DSM
I use a wacom bamboo fun I bought months ago.

If you are a rich men,try this one - Wacom Cintiq its an Tablet-screen all in one.
Shirotora_old
http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboo.cfm <- I used this to get #1 on agony and #2 on SSI.

[edit:] Oh, and it's good because you don't want a big tablet for osu!. Yes, for art purposes big is good so you can draw with big motions instead of having to draw one line in multiple bits, making the lines look like they were sketched instead of drawn. In osu!, the smaller the movements you have to make, the less you'll have to move your hand. Trust me, the precision is more than enough to not miss notes, even on the cheap Bamboo. I'm not sure how the cheaper Bamboo One (or something) holds up, but the normal one does just fine. [/edit]
0bj3c7i0n
If you have to get a tablet, don't go too small, or too big.
something that's around 5 inches should do.
smaller than that is just fail.

Im using a graphire 4 (http://www.wacom.com/graphire/images/lg_graphire4x5.jpg)
and its been yet to impress me with anything.
go with something better (Intuos3)
Xiao_old
I use a 7x5 DigiPro tablet, but it allows me to resize my playfield. I play with a playfield that's 2.74x2.18. It's pretty bad though, I get slider BS when I don't push hard enough. It really wears out my hand, and I'm not as good as I could be. I'm buying a Bamboo tomorrow (I need a tablet that doesn't suck for drawing, too).

Pretty cheap, and from what I've been told, it works really well. Re: above. I'm getting a standard Bamboo, not the Bamboo Fun.
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Slain087
In terms of getting some things cheap, if you're in school, certain sites will give you discounts for their (new) stuff, just for being in certain schools. A few good tablets I've found go for at least seven hundred dollars, yet I can get them for a mere hundred fifty. I once found a copy of Vista Ultimate go for less than a hundred. Of course, you need a credit card, as well as some sort of academic proof, but still.
YoshiKart
YoshiKart
Can't wait to try out mine over the weekend. I asked for a Bamboo Fun, but my parents messed up and got me a regular, so they're trying to exchange it.

How great are the bamboo's overall? Do they work well in osu! and other programs?
devkit4384
Xiaounlimited i don't understand how you can play osu with that tablet :shock:
awp
What's not to understand? It looks a bit like a crossbreed between my tablet, and my MP3 player though lol
minyeob
awp
YoshiKart
Not available to be shipped in Korea? :P
YoshiKart
I'm impressed. The tablet feels great, and the scroll ring looks like a Wii. =P