forum

To people looking for howto reduce input lag of Intuos

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pantone_old
Hello guys, I recently bought drawing tablet from wacom, which is actually Intuos pro.
Then I realized that there is some lag, also the tablet outputs circle as square while I'm hovering a pen.

After while I found the solution says put a tape on nib, and tried it, was awesome but lost click function.

To top it all, I made an assumption that these problem is caused by a pen.
Googled, some people tried dismantle the pen and found adjustable resistors on its inside.
So I have tried to turn those volume, after that.....problem solved!!

Here is the steps what I did.
1, take a pen to pieces
2, turn the volume to test which is refers to what
There are 4 adjustable resistors on front and back (2 for nib side, other 2 for tail side)
There are 2 types of volume, one is related to tip sensi and another is related to hovering distance
3, adjust the sensi to almost maximum (clockwise to increase/Anticlockwise to decrease)
4, adjust the hovering distance between 85 and 95% (same as above)
5, problem gone and reassembled
*at 3-4, make sure to check the 'current pressure' by the wacom driver to do not recgonise it as keep clicking.
* When you turn the volume, probably better to do not turn more than half or one rotation since difficult to get the default back.

Note: Even though steps of dismantling a pen is reversible, it is certain that not covered by warranty,
so you must be responsible for that.

In addition, from what I have experienced, control will be loosed when set the hovering distance to maximum.
Maybe because tablet cannot track accurately above from some height.

I hope this may help some people, cheers.
KanoSet
can you add some of the videos that helped you pls? pics ? :)