forum

[GUIDE] how to manually "copy" a map on BSS to bloodcat

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Constantine
I'm not really sure where to post this; so if this topic is in the wrong sub please help me find a mod to move it to the appropriate subforum
not a native speaker / my grammar is kinda bad so sorry if my english is messed up ._.

Take a note, this guide is for pending/graved maps, because if your map is ranked already it should already uploaded on bloodcat (duh)
and also there's a few terms:
  1. the map must have at least 2 favorites when its copied to bloodcat;
  2. it's not DMCA'd, that means all old mapsets that have been DMCA'd like a_hisa's songs will have an error while copying (newer maps should be okay i guess)
  3. will not work with maps that have been uploaded to BSS before but it got deleted
PLEASE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE BEFORE YOU SUBMIT ANY MAPS THERE, PLEASE
(caps are intended so sorry if you got offended somehow ._.)

follow these steps below if the maps you want to get indexed on bloodcat met the criteria mentioned above

step 1:

http://bloodcat.com/osu/?q=______&c=s&s=&m=
^ enter / copy that link on your address, fill out the underscores with mapset's ID number

e.g if the map's download link is

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/304888

fill the underscore on the first link code with 304888
note that it will only work with links that contains /d/ or /s/ on its address, if you only have the beatmap id link (read: /b/) just copy the download link to somewhere else; or simply, hover your cursor on the download button, it will show you the needed number

if the beatmap is already available on bloodcat; it'll shows like this, or similar

if there's some "codes" below the map info, continue to step 2

step 2:

there's 2 area you should fill before proceeding (you must login with osu account first)

btw the log text is actually "logout"

step 3:

if you're successfully logged in, just click the map info (not the log text); and the upload process will start, and ta-da; after redirection process, your desired map is already submitted to bloodcat's "huge" mirror list :)
make sure to logout after you finished doing your stuff (just put any available mapset ID, then press log)

its just a short guide so yeah i hope this guide helped you guys who read this guide somewhat

P.S: generally bloodcat's list is the handpicked version of beatmap list combined with the automatic process from the bot itself depends on the popularity (downloads/favorites) so don't blame me if your/other persons map got deleted; again, use your common sense