posted
Total Posts
show more
Weez
Wow looking at the news, there's fires everywhere and also after shocks o_o
hopes everyone can bounce back from this asap :/
gaodeng
Oh :cry: I'm sorry to hear that.
God bless Japan. Keep calm and stay strong.Everything will be fine.
Holoaz
dNextGen
:( :( :(
r-Beatz

this is just ... hell !
I've experienced earthquakes but not as monstrous as this... 8.9 ppl :O
Sure
Jesus.. I hope there aren't heavy casualties.
qlum
however bad it may be it still looks awesome.
also it seems a nuclear reactor in Sendai wherever that may be caught fire.
arien666
Oh dear...
8.9 is ALMOST like maximum ;_;

Hope not much injury ;_;
Sallad4ever
this reminds me of the tsunami that happens in Aceh and Thailand :cry:
you'll never know if this kind of natural disaster will strike your place any minute

Frigthening....
qlum

arien666 wrote:

Oh dear...
8.9 is ALMOST like maximum ;_;

Hope not much injury ;_;
there is no maximum just a record of 9.5 on earth (the amount of energy of the quake doubles for every 0.2 increase)
Bear265

ykcarrot wrote:

So far 19 confirmed...
Rantai

Bear265 wrote:

ykcarrot wrote:

So far 19 confirmed...
32 now apparantly... this number is rising fast : /
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Pereira006
omg
I hope it goes well and care japan ok
I am very concerned about Japan
Vish024
Casualties and death count will rise steadily. Relax, this sort of disaster is annual, we saw it with Chile and Haiti last year. Luckily this is Japan, where they have osme of the best facilities and defense against typhoons and floods. After all, they invented the word "tsunami". They'll deal with it fine. Let's hope it doesn't decimate the population in the hardest hit areas. My hopes and prayers for the Japs.
Cyclohexane
Before everybody starts to flame LaVolpe, I'd have to recognize he has a point even though this is still a tragic disaster

I'm very sorry for Japan
I hope the casualties will be kept to a minimum.
Krisom

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Luckily this is Japan, where they have osme of the best facilities and defense against typhoons and floods.
I thought the same until I knew it was 8.9 (8.8 in some news websites), guy, THAT is strong, we were hit last year by a similar magnitude earthquake and even with the antiseismic buildings and all it was a big shock.
I really hope our goverment (and our people) can do the best to aid you guys, because 1 year ago your goverment and people did the same for us. Be strong Japan!

In other news, Tsunami for almost all the pacific ocean. We're (Chile) supposed to get hit by it too, so if you live near the coast, stay tuned to what the authorities say.
Pizzicato
This truly reminds me of an anime. http://www.animeseason.com/tokyo-magnitude-80/
Looks like they knew it was coming, but much earlier than expected.
May God save Japan.
Shana
Plz god save Japan.
Gabi
This is really horrible, alot of places caught on fire including a nuclear power plantOil refinery. Alot of boats, including one with 100 people on board got swept away. 8.9 magnitude is really high, similar to the one in Chile (as krisom mentioned). Chile on the other hand only has about 16mil population, while Japan has about 128mil and they live really dense.

so far, 63 people have died
Khono_old
Aww, i hope everyone is alright. It seems that damage is colossal...
ignorethis
The latest report indicated that the earthquake claimed more than 90 people :(

And I heard Sendai is mostly in water now...
artpiggo
I am rather shocked when know this news from facebook and watch news.

Hope they be safe! I wish tsunami won't come to my country though...

ps. this news make me think of 2012 movie .. poor, it's just 2011.
Bear265

ignorethis wrote:

The latest report indicated that the earthquake claimed more than 90 people :(

And I heard Sendai is mostly in water now...
So I see it's up to 90 now... And yes... As far as I'm aware... Sendai was the main hit site for the Tsunami...
OnosakiHito
I hope really much it will be later normal again...
It is worst enough to see place's which where so nice, that they are now destroyed...
But it was known that something like that will happen some day.
I hope for health...
Loginer
Heard about it a few hours ago. Looking forward to seeing all the cool tsunami footage Sad news indeed.
Zekira
Guess whose fault it is

Vext_old
The absolutely relentless power in some of these videos is breathtakingly tragic.
Faust

Vext wrote:

The absolutely relentless power in some of these videos is breathtakingly tragic.
Well-said, sir.
Mismagius
I feel really bad. >:
But I totally agree with LaVolpe. Even if that was too strong for Japan, they will get "better" soon. But really, it's still shocking too see so many deaths. :/
arne439
This is really awful. :(
I'm feeling sorry for the victims who lost their lifes, homes, relatives or friends, and i hope that all the involved contrys will get a fast recovery from this.

R.I.P the victims who lost their lifes. :cry:
Krisom
Guys, please stay informed about the hours the tsunami might hit your coasts, here are the hours for the Chilean coast (if any Chilean is reding this, though it's alredy posted on the Chilean thread)
SPOILER
* ISLA DE PASCUA
11-03-2011 17:55 (Hora de Chile Insular Occidental) (19:55 Hora de Chile Continental)
* ISLA SAN FELIX
11-03-2011 23:24 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* ARICA
11-03-2011 23:44 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* IQUIQUE
11-03-2011 23:49 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PUNTA ARENAS
12-03-2011 00:08 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PISAGUA
12-03-2011 00:08 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* ANTOFAGASTA
11-03-2011 23:54 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* ARCH. J. FERNANDEZ
12-03-2011 00:13 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* TOCOPILLA
12-03-2011 00:16 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* TALTAL
12-03-2011 00:25 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* CALDERA
12-03-2011 00:14 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* HUASCO
12-03-2011 00:32 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* COQUIMBO
12-03-2011 00:23 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PUERTO CHACABUCO
12-03-2011 00:48 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PICHIDANGUI
12-03-2011 00:53 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* VALPARAISO
12-03-2011 00:38 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* CONSTITUCION
12-03-2011 01:00 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* SAN ANTONIO
12-03-2011 01:01 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* ANCUD
12-03-2011 01:02 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* TALCAHUANO
12-03-2011 00:59 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* LEBU
12-03-2011 01:09 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PUERTO MONTT
12-03-2011 02:52 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* CORRAL
12-03-2011 00:52 (Hora de Chile Continental)
* PUERTO WILLIAMS
12-03-2011 03:07 (Hora de Chile Continental)

Sending my best hopes and prayers to the Japanese population.
DeathxShinigami
Bleh, our area here in California is being evacuated...though I'm currently inland right now so I don't seem too affected. x:
pieguyn
This is just terrible. I hope everything turns out fine...
Card N'FoRcE
This earthquake + tsunami combination is something I've never seen before, I'm still astonished for what I saw on TV and what I'm seeing now on the computer.

I don't even know what to say... best of luck to Japan for recovering, but i really feel so powerless when i see what's happening there...
anonymous_old
the chileans know how feel the japan's peoples
my best hopes and prayers to the Japanese population.
pieguyn

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

This earthquake + tsunami combination is something I've never seen before, I'm still astonished for what I saw on TV and what I'm seeing now on the computer.
o_o I thought earthquakes often caused tsunamis.

Anyway, I feel sorry for everyone who died/is hurt or knows anyone who died/is hurt. I hope Japan can recover from this soon... :cry:
Shiro

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I don't even know what to say... best of luck to Japan for recovering, but i really feel so powerless when i see what's happening there...
Sri Lanka 2004
Ktox

pieguy1372 wrote:

o_o I thought earthquakes often caused tsunamis.

Anyway, I feel sorry for everyone who died/is hurt or knows anyone who died/is hurt. I hope Japan can recover from this soon... :cry:
Most of the time those earthquake-based tsunamies don't hit ground as earthquakes at the same time.
I just heard there are a lot of people resting/sleeping in the underground stations for the night =/
I also hope Japanese people may manage to recover from this, and I send my most sincere condollence and "hopes" to everyone with dead/hurt/missing relatives/acquaintances.
Best of luck for the entire country, and for the other Pacific countries affected, as well.

PS: Those from countries that are about to be hit by the tsunami's "shock wave" (or expansion), please, take care.
intermu
I hope everyone is okay.

I am especially worried about Kesennuma (気仙沼)

show more