forum

Using your DS as a tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ijah_old
I recently found I could connect my DS to my PC using a special homebrew tool called Win2DS, because seeing as my tablet broke, I needed a temporary solution.

http://filetrip.net/f4784-Win2DS-0-82.html

Its very accurate but a bit harder with spinners...

Yay, I recorded myself using it! :3

Anyway, you need a DS flashcard capable of running homebrew, a wifi access point your DS can connect to, and the application itself (turning of the visual display on the DS screens makes it a lot faster and less choppy)

Just thought I'd post this here seeing as it is pretty cool.
OzzyOzrock
o.o

Cool!
Sakura
wifi access point like my wireless router? or do i need to use my computer as an access point o.o
maay
why, thanks for sharing
Aqua

Sakura Hana wrote:

wifi access point like my wireless router? or do i need to use my computer as an access point o.o
Ruter should be fine :) (Of course just when the pc is connected to the same)
Sorun
Did the same with with my ipad. Can't seem to find a good stylus for it though :(
NoHitter
Got it to work.

I'm sticking with my mouse though :(
Spinners are incredibly hard.
Luna
Wow, that's awesome :D
Still, mouse for life~
Atelier Nugra
awesome o.O
adamskii_uk

Sorun wrote:

Did the same with with my ipad. Can't seem to find a good stylus for it though :(
I recommend you try this iPad stylus. It beats all of the other iPhone/iPad styluses I've tried.
Plus, it's got a 5 star rating on Amazon, with 227 customer reviews. :)

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitiv ... 729&sr=8-1

Here are some of the main benefits to using this stylus, compared to other ones:

1) This stylus works at just about any angle, just like a regular pen, etc.
2) The stylus will register with very light pressure on the screen.
3) The soft tip of the stylus doesn't change shape after prolonged use. It always springs back to the original shape.
4) There is hardly any friction when sliding the stylus across the screen, so it's very good for spinners and sliders.
DarkSonata14
wow! it actually works, except that you must use all high sensibility on both windows mouse configuration and ingame input, but it is quite comfortable :3 a lot more comfortable than my mouse :S but a lot less precise as well

thx for posting this (sry for engrish)
Reunilu
Cool! If I can just find my DSi XL, I will finally have a use for my DSi(and don't say I have I have two DSi XL, I have a regular DSi and DSi XL, but that's the same as having two DSi XD)
Neruell
Wow I wonder why is there no delay between the 2 devices.
Waryas

Neruell wrote:

Wow I wonder why is there no delay between the 2 devices.
There's probably about a 10ms delay.
Neruell
When I did that with psp 2 pc for djmax and other stuff it had a bigger delay but well other hardware, different devices different games so yeah probably no real delay there ;)
[deleted user]
consideration for several reasons Many different rubber-tipped iPad styluses are available; any of these will make signing the iPad easier ... ipad touch screen replacement