forum

osu! for Mac?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Ive been wondering if there will be a osu for Mac? ._.
Because for me as an mac user its pretty sad that im not able to play osu ._.
awp
It's been discussed several times. We'll see where OpenGL takes us (when I finally have the time to tackle it some more) as that may allow more portability of code. No promises (at least from my end, if peppy says it will be done, well, it will be done) but there's the possibility.

If worse comes to worse though I believe if you buy a Mac you shouldn't expect to game on it =x though it's still possible via dual-boot into Windows presently.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
:/ Guess I just have to hope.

But still thanx for the answer,I will take a look here from time to time ^^

Oh and sorry for my awful english im from germany :3
awp
Your English is pretty solid actually, for what that's worth. But aye, keep an eye on the homepage from time to time.
James
i like his/her avatar so i take it.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
[deleted user]
Another Mac user here, would love to be able to play this
mattyu007
If you have an Intel mac (Apple > About this mac... If the line next to "Processor" says Intel ____, it's an Intel mac) then you can use Boot Camp to run windows and play osu :P
ThePassingShadow

mattyu007 wrote:

If you have an Intel mac (Apple > About this mac... If the line next to "Processor" says Intel ____, it's an Intel mac) then you can use Boot Camp to run windows and play osu :P
Matty, that's what I do, as you know. Heh.
piratewaffle
It seems that I shall have to wait patiently for a Mac release (unless I can get Wine to work), since paying nearly $200 for XP just to fart around with games isn't something I can do on my budget atm.
mattyu007

piratewaffle wrote:

It seems that I shall have to wait patiently for a Mac release (unless I can get Wine to work), since paying nearly $200 for XP just to fart around with games isn't something I can do on my budget atm.
...or you can wait for OpenGL support in osu, then it should run on os x and other unixes (using mono.net framework or something o_o)
piratewaffle
Sweet!! I look forward to the OpenGL release then!
awp
ARGH, FINE, I'LL GET ON IT

news update: False alarm, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
GuardianHX

piratewaffle wrote:

You could always obtain XP the "cheaper" way, if you know what I mean, piratewaffle.

I'm going to get an iMac soon with Intermediate Gamer capabilities on it, dual boot Windows XP, and play Osu! with lovely pixel shader 3.0 (Or whatever it is, now) and actually get to see the spiffy sliders and fire effects.

As a side note, I obtained XP legally, but no longer have my installation disk, and only my license. So I decided to obtain it the easy way and just prepare it for my Mac. (Small enough to store on a normal CD)
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
One Year passed and osu is still not playable on Mac! I guess I have to get myself a boot and some torrents. :(

Still awesome work you guys do here!
peppy
At least we have a guide for you now.