forum

About adding a new mod (flips, rotates, +) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
haha5957
I don't know if there was any request like this (actually I searched for it and what I only found was all-random mod, which was denied)
So maybe just deny this if this is an duplication ( but I see no posts about flips, rotates. so yeah.)

Just for fun, (no score multiplyer, it may be x1.0 or 0.0 if it reaaally doesnt feel like it)
How about if we have vertically/Horizontally flipped and 180degrees rotated mode?

When you play the same map for hundreads of time just because you like the music.
and the circles appear always at the same spot, it starts to get preety boring to play.
We can do Vertical flips on hardrock, but as all we know, we can't play those already small-fast maps with hardrock.

So i tried to flip a map with editor and played it, the result was ok!
Even I played that map for like 3 hundred times, It felt kinda new and was fun to play with vertically flipped circles!

Since hardrock mod already gives us vertically flipped circles, I think this would be fine.
(and plus I think this wouldn't take much of Peppy's time since we already have it in hardrock!)

I guess we can just put "rotate/flip" Flip Vertically- Flip Horizontally - 180 degree rotated under special, or Increase Difficulty.

I know we still can do that if we just go Edit=>Ctrl+A=>Flip Vertically/Horizontally => Save as different difficulty
But then I'm not gonna get my score ranked, and actually the main reason is that we can't do that to all map we wanna play :D

No matter how mod effects the score, (maybe one of x1.0 or x0.0),
I think it would be nice to have (Vertically/Horizontally), Rotating(180degree) mods, just for fun!

(edited) and plus, How about if we can increase our AR, for no additional score? (x1.0)
When I play Low AR 4.5~5.0 maps, I got lots of 100s where I don't in fast AR Maps.
(it isn't OD what effect it, I still get lots of 100s even they have same OD)

Decreasing would be a problem but I don't think it would be a problem to have "increase AR"...
ziin

haha5957 wrote:

Just for fun, (no score multiplyer, it may be x1.0 or 0.0 if it reaaally doesnt feel like it)
How about if we have vertically/Horizontally flipped and 180degrees rotated mode?

I know we still can do that if we just go Edit=>Ctrl+A=>Flip Vertically/Horizontally => Save as different difficulty
But then I'm not gonna get my score ranked, and actually the main reason is that we can't do that to all map we wanna play :D
wat.
Kitsunemimi
I actually think this might be a decent idea. I think it might work better if it wasn't a mod, instead, you can open this entire menu that lets you flip the map in any way, and change the difficulty settings WITHOUT overwriting the map file. It can still add to playcount, but it won't submit the scores.

However, not many people do this kind of thing, so I'm not sure if it's going to be high priority. It would be pretty interesting though, and would probably provide some extra replay value to maps.
Mara
I think I have heard about this before...
GladiOol
Just do it as it is now?

Editor > horizontal/vertical clip > ??? > done

It doesn't have to be an entire new mod D:
Tenshi-nyan
Doesn't HardRock already flip everything around?

:o
Sakura

GladiOol wrote:

Just do it as it is now?

As Gladi said, why would you need an entirely new mod if you want to play the map unranked but with flipped circles just change it yourself, then you can just hit update to get it back to how it used to be, if you want your score to be ranked online then that's another thing but i doubt that will be happening, as for the 0.0x multiplier like most special mods, yeah, just edit in the editor.

I just realized i tend to repeat myself a lot XD
Kitsunemimi

Sakura Hana wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

Just do it as it is now?

As Gladi said, why would you need an entirely new mod if you want to play the map unranked but with flipped circles just change it yourself, then you can just hit update to get it back to how it used to be, if you want your score to be ranked online then that's another thing but i doubt that will be happening, as for the 0.0x multiplier like most special mods, yeah, just edit in the editor.

I just realized i tend to repeat myself a lot XD
It would be easier than going into the editor and having to do all that. By making it more accessible (not everyone knows how to work the editor), more people can try this out.
ziin

Kitsunemimi wrote:

not everyone knows how to work the editor
If you want to do this and can't work the editor you are not good enough to need to do it. Just invert your screen and mouse if you want it ranked.
Tenshi-nyan

ziin wrote:

If you want to do this and can't work the editor you are not good enough to need to do it. Just invert your screen and mouse if you want it ranked.
Best idea I ever heard. At least today.
James2250
Pretty much everything has been said here

I really don't see a mod being created that gives 1.0 score just to flip a map 180 degrees so players can have fun with it (only a few people would ever use it). If you want to keep playing a song and be entertained by it you can go in editor and flip it (if people don't know how they can go in the editor and experiment)

ziin wrote:

Or sure go ahead and do that I guess

There are some threads very similar to this that have been suggested but I don't see an idea exactly the same, anyway denying this