forum

how can I keep my hands from sweating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hyphrr
For some reason, every time I play osu!, my hands always start sweating until I can't even play anymore, and it's really hurting my skill. I've tried lowering the temperature in my house, getting a towel, pretty much everything, but nothing has worked. When I'm done, my tablet is so disgustingly moist and crap, and I really want this to stop. Any suggestions?
Rurree
This isn't the place to ask this, go to Help or to G&R but the tips I could give you is that you should always carry around isopropyl alcohol and baby powder. Apply either to your hands and it shouldn't sweat.
Fxjlk
You might have a medical condition or you could be overweight/out of shape.
Rurree
It's called hyperhidrosis. You can consult your doctor about it since there are treatments for it. I have it myself and I developed it due to stress. I play sports a lot and I immediately take a shower after a game of ultimate frisbee, basketball, or whatever without rest, which could actually contribute to hyperhidrosis.. I doubt being overweight/out of shape is out of the reasons.
czr
g l o v e s
mizuki-chan

_uwi wrote:

g l o v e s
this is the ultimate answer !
Cupsize
I have a tiny desktop fan that blows directly onto my hands. I don't have the sweating problem but I'm sure it'd help.
Rio-
Tried something like massaging your hands? I do this long time ago and It does works somehow.
You can google it like "Hands massage to prevent sweating" or Sweaty Hands remedy".

Hope it helps.
Stefan
Do you guys ever heard about washing your hands? Or using a towel? Or that the inside of your hand is really warm, and getting even warmer in small spaces? Come on guys.

Rurree wrote:

This isn't the place to ask this, go to Help or to G&R :P
I honestly don't know by myself if we can consider this as something osu!-related, this can be a general problem in other life situations.
salsa
stefan laying down the law
Kvathe
Rock climbing chalk might do the trick, that's part of what it's designed to do anyway. It also increases friction though, so maybe that's not what you want.
Rurree

Stefan wrote:

Do you guys ever heard about washing your hands? Or using a towel? Or that the inside of your hand is really warm, and getting even warmer in small spaces? Come on guys.

Rurree wrote:

This isn't the place to ask this, go to Help or to G&R :P
I honestly don't know by myself if we can consider this as something osu!-related, this can be a general problem in other life situations.
Concerning OP.. "For some reason, every time I play osu!"

I never really considered this a problem in real-life situations, except when my ex-girlfriend used to ask me to take her to a walk and I'm obliged to hold her hand.. Sweaty palms is icky and I've been hesitating to hold her hand due to that. :roll:
Stefan

Rurree wrote:

except when my ex-girlfriend used to ask me to take her to a walk and I'm obliged to hold her hand.. Sweaty palms is icky and I've been hesitating to hold her hand due to that. :roll:
The hell what
Rurree
It's a common occurrence with all people.

I don't know, that's the only time in my life that I can recall that I could consider sweaty palms as a problem lol