forum

Can't tap fast enough

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KimYerim
I can't tap fast enough, any suggestions as to how i can tap faster and for longer periods of time?
N0thingSpecial
Are you referring to single tapping or streaming?
timemon
use 2 fingers
DeathHydra
Play more high bpm and long maps
Topic Starter
KimYerim
Is there any physical exercises you guys do? Or is just playing osu for long periods of time enough?

And how do you guys warm up?
Fxjlk
To warm up play easy songs, to get good play more.
Topic Starter
KimYerim

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Are you referring to single tapping or streaming?
Referring to single tapping.
StephOsu
Let me tell you a story
There was once a boy who dream to be one of the best runner in Olympic 100-metre dash but he's a slow runner. He tried his best to look around for advice over the internet and from the pros and found the most suitable form and equipment for it. After all that effort of finding all the tips, his running speed barely improved by few milliseconds. He feel cheated from all those advice but he never gave up. He tried his best on body training of 100 sit up, 100 push up, 100 squats and run 10km every single day. He took 3 meals a day and never use A/C and heat during summer and winter to strengthen his mind. At first, he wish that he's dead. He starts to think that "what's the harm of taking a day off?" but in order to achieve his dream, no matter how tough it was, even if he was spitting blood, he never stopped. He kept doing squat even when his leg feels so heavy they refuse to move. Even when his arm started to make weird clicking noise. He kept on doing the push-ups. After one and a half year, he noticed a difference. He became bald and he became stronger. He could run faster and for longer period of time. He achieved his dream after that as one of the Olympic 100-metre runner

The story is very inspiring and motivating, but, there's a really big secret inside this story of his success. Please click this link to discover the secret.
Please Click This.
Topic Starter
KimYerim

StephOsu wrote:

Let me tell you a story
There was once a boy who dream to be one of the best runner in Olympic 100-metre dash but he's a slow runner. He tried his best to look around for advice over the internet and from the pros and found the most suitable form and equipment for it. After all that effort of finding all the tips, his running speed barely improved by few milliseconds. He feel cheated from all those advice but he never gave up. He tried his best on body training of 100 sit up, 100 push up, 100 squats and run 10km every single day. He took 3 meals a day and never use A/C and heat during summer and winter to strengthen his mind. At first, he wish that he's dead. He starts to think that "what's the harm of taking a day off?" but in order to achieve his dream, no matter how tough it was, even if he was spitting blood, he never stopped. He kept doing squat even when his leg feels so heavy they refuse to move. Even when his arm started to make weird clicking noise. He kept on doing the push-ups. After one and a half year, he noticed a difference. He became bald and he became stronger. He could run faster and for longer period of time. He achieved his dream after that as one of the Olympic 100-metre runner

The story is very inspiring and motivating, but, there's a really big secret inside this story of his success. Please click this link to discover the secret.
http://bigassmessage.com/767ba#
Nice one-punch man reference, I have a English assessment coming up. Will pay if you write it for me :).
N0thingSpecial
Play more high BPM songs, but don't force yourself doe otherwise you'll end up hurting yourself, and that's coming from personal experience.
Sugacchi

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

To warm up play easy songs, to get good play more.
Topic Starter
KimYerim

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play more high BPM songs, but don't force yourself doe otherwise you'll end up hurting yourself, and that's coming from personal experience.
Thank you for the tips, will try out everything mentioned in this post.

And how long did it take for you guys to transition from 4 stars to 5 stars?
StephOsu

Blade001777 wrote:

Nice one-punch man reference, I have a English assessment coming up. Will pay if you write it for me :).
thanks m8
sure m8 i can write for you if you pay me in 10kpp
Topic Starter
KimYerim

StephOsu wrote:

Blade001777 wrote:

thanks m8
sure m8 i can write for you if you pay me in 10kpp
Give me 5 years, will make it happen.

Kappa
N0thingSpecial
2 months of consistent gameplay led me to FC my first 5* after FCing a good amount of 4*
StephOsu

Blade001777 wrote:

Give me 5 years, will make it happen.

Kappa
ok
on the serious note though you need to discover everything yourself
majority of people who does warmup starts off with extremely fast/hard stuffs but that just destroy my finger
since i have a slow start i usually starts off with slow stuffs and work my way to my usual bpm everyday
the key, again, is to play more
Pituophis
Drink plenty of Monster Energy™
Seriously though, I can't go fast without energy drinks :/
Topic Starter
KimYerim
What is considered high bpm?
N0thingSpecial
+220 Inb4 Khelly comes in and say 270

Then again you need to find your comfort BPM then work your way up to high BPM
StephOsu
it depends on people actually tbh
I consider 200bpm as high bpm
Barusamikosu

N0thingSpecial wrote:

+220 Inb4 Khelly comes in and say 270
323* xd
Deva
If you alternate high bpm starts at 300

And if you want to be faster alternate and play faster stuff
E m i

Pituophis wrote:

Drink plenty of Monster Energy™
Seriously though, I can't go fast without energy drinks :/
Xyrus_old_1
Find the highest BPM you can play, then play a few maps that are ~5 BPM higher. Play more of these maps until they are comfortable. Rinse and repeat. You want to exhaust your tapping fingers + hand + wrist + arm, keep playing even if you start to cramp up, but don't forget to stop if you feel pain.

Playing for exhaustion is the important part.

Blade001777 wrote:

And how long did it take for you guys to transition from 4 stars to 5 stars?
At an average of ~3 hours a day, 4 months I guess.
stalkyh
My stamina and speed was building naturally even without any bpm training.. But one of main reasons probably is because i am playing many hours a day, and big variety of maps. I also play a lot of long maps instead of TV sized crap.
Helyana
[self-deleted]