forum

A Pretty Simple Question...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rell
So hello. I'm assuming all skin related questions are to be asked here? If that's the case, my question is pretty simple.

There is a TL;DR, don't worry. Scroll down if you're just looking for that.

osu!mania is my first ever rhythm game. Ever. I have been told the progress I have made is astounding in the time that I have made all of it. I have been playing strictly 4k for the entirety of my life on osu!mania, and I am finally looking to step a bit further into the meta-world of 7k. The problem? I use an arrow skin that I have been extremely accustomed to...so much so that I cannot bear to use brick/bar skins anymore. I literally cannot read them, they are simply too hard for me to comprehend accurately enough.

However, I came across a video on YouTube of someone using a really flashy arrow skin way back when I did not have the current one I am using, as I was more into flashy things. I downloaded it and liked it very much, but it was simply too laggy due to the fact it was displaying more than 50~ MBp/s on the screen, which resulted in much stuttering and I ditched it for the one I have now. Now that I know how to refine the skins and optimize them to be less laggy, I could certainly get used to this certain one because it has arrow notes for the 7k mode; something quite unique as I have not seen a single skin that has this feature until I have seen this one in particular.

The problem with this skin (excluding the terrible stuttering due to excessive animations being displayed all at once) is the fact that the note receptors are unusually high, it makes the notes harder to react for me and extremely uncomfortable to play on. I play on 30 fixed, so the notes are scrolling quite fast, and I would like to keep it this way for 7k, but I cannot react fast/comfortably enough to keep using this skin. I would like to know if anyone can help me play around with the note receptors so that they are moved closer to the bottom of the screen instead of nearly a quarter-way up the screen as they are by default.

TL;DR, starting 7K thug lyfe, not used to brick skins, all 7k skins are normally brick skins, found a unique 7k arrow skin, note receptors are too high, can someone please show/help me on how to move them down closer to the screen? Would be amazing and I would love to give you hugs if you could help me on this, as I really want to start playing 7k but I can't find any other 7k arrow-only skins. Thaaaanks in advanced. I love you.

**Edit: If I need to, I will upload the entirety of the skin for you to play around with. Just ask me, I will be more than happy to archive it and upload it.