forum

My first skin. (need help please!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seytixx
I'm working on this skin and it's a compilation of about 5 other skins and a few of my own stuff. I was wondering if someone could give me pointers since this is my first skin. Also it seems like it has issues on lower end/lower resolution pc's. I'm running 1980x1020 but my other comp at 1366x768 seems to not be able to display the transparent end screen layout, and especially my spinner is messed up. I believe i zipped and created the file correctly for instant osu download though :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bgbig4w4bzhtu6/Seytixx.osk?dl=0

some elements used from YUGEN, Lolfood, 2Uyuf, hi, Remi992
quit-osu
I don't think you can call this skin yours because, as you stated, some of the elements used do not belong to you.
Now, I can give you some tips as someone who has made several skins in their lifetime. Not trying to brag!
Rule number one: there are no rules.
Your imagination is endless and so are your options to creating something that you must like first for others to appreciate. Does that make sense?
Anyway, if you need any help to making your skin, you could ask an individual for tips and tricks.
For me, that was it but ya'know, everyone is different.

EDIT:
The sipinner is fine on my side and about the end screen, it is fine again. I don't know why it doesnt't work for you. Maybe there is something in the skin.in that must be changed. Which of the elements are yours may I ask? It seems like none of them belong to you.
Topic Starter
Seytixx
thank you for the advice :D
The elements that are mine are the scorebar-colour/@2x and scorebar-bg/@2x and i modified the cursor and approach-circle for sliders/circles.
Almost everything else was found from an osu skinning website, which i assumed to be copyright free since it is available for download in elements and sections.
Bara-
It's not
All non-original elements need to be listed, with credits to the original creator.
Mixed skins are not allowed here. All elements need to be made by you, or you must receive permission from the creator
Topic Starter
Seytixx
okie dokie. where do i list them at?
i received permission from Remi992 to use hers.
Bara-
In the first post of the thread (often referred to as OP)