forum

Official Beatmapping Contest 3 Results!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Sorry for the obnoxiously long delay. There were quite a number of entries to go through! The judges took their time, but happily, the results for Beatmapping Contest 3 are all in! Below are the top three mappers for each song. Also check out the results page linked below for scores, comments, and the full list of entries, all downloadable!

Results
You can see the results including all scores and judges' comments at the contest results page.

Song 1: Wind Climbing ~ Kaze ni Asobarete (Exit Trance Remix)
  1. Licnect
  2. Sallad4ever
  3. impossiblexu
Song 2: Black Sheep
  1. Behonkiss
  2. Mashley
  3. DiamondCrash
Song 3: Ernst
  1. Lilac
  2. MetalMario201
  3. CracK
As a reminder, here are the prizes, which will be distributed after we contact the winners:
  1. Each first-place winner can choose between a Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet or an otamatone novelty musical instrument!*
  2. Each first-place winner also gets an "Elite Mapper" forum title, a 6-month supporter tag, and a shiny profile badge.
  3. Each second-place runner-up will receive a 3-month supporter tag.
  4. Each third-place runner-up will receive a 1-month supporter tag.
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated in making this the biggest contest yet!

Edit: Anybody who wants to play all the entries, Soaprman uploaded some unofficial compilation osz files to quickly add them into your osu library. Get them in this post. Be warned you might have to hit F5 a couple of times to fully load them, and they will take up a lot of space on your song list.
Gabi
I really thought i had a solid chance in winning this competition, o well grats to Licnet, Lilac and Behonkiss x)
DeathxShinigami
Poor MetalMario...

Also, if Lilac gets his Ernst ranked it'll be another non collab map x)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Gabi wrote:

I really thought i had a solid chance in winning this competition, o well grats to Licnet, Lilac and Behonkiss x)
Did you... enter?
Gabi

LuigiHann wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Did you... enter?
No was just joking :)
Behon
Making a post to see what my badge and new title look like.

But seriously, a big thank you to the judges. Glad you liked my take on Black Sheep.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Gabi wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Did you... enter?
No was just joking :)
Wasn't sure if you were one of the people who just submitted random .osu files from maps like Marisa and got your entry thrown out ;)
Soaprman
Any way we could get download all links for the maps? To download an osz with all of everyone's maps included. Would be fun??? to play them all in sequence. If not I can manually compile some I guess... EDIT: I am working on compiling these.

Also congrats to the winners!
Zelos
Nice job Lilac!
YGOkid8
no offense, but the people who came out on top were not exactly who i would expect :o
MB showed me his Ernst map at school. I was completely and utterly surprised at how good it was.
Congrats to Licnect and Behonkiss. Hope your wins weren't just fluke and that you'll continue to make awesome maps :D
Soaprman
Here are download links for .osz files containing ALL entries. Let me know if you encounter any problems with these zips.

The Clash At Demonhead - Black Sheep
Maki - Wind Climbing ~ Kaze ni Asobarete (Exit Trance Remix)
Falcom Sound Team JDK - Ernst

edit: Wind Climbing fixed. Had to rename Outis's difficulties because they had non-ascii characters in the names. I did "remove the accent marks" romanization which is probably slightly wrong. Deal with it.
Dotsu
Congratulations to all the winners!
:D
I'm happy to see so many awesome maps~
peppy

YGOkid8 wrote:

no offense, but the people who came out on top were not exactly who i would expect :o
MB showed me his Ernst map at school. I was completely and utterly surprised at how good it was.
Have you actually tried playing the maps that topped his? This would be a good place to start.
YGOkid8

peppy wrote:

Have you actually tried playing the maps that topped his? This would be a good place to start.
i didn't say they were bad, i'm just saying i'm pleasantly surprised and hope that they keep it up

EDIT: btw, to some people who don't know, when i say MB, i'm referring to Lilac, since MarioBros777 was his previous username
0_o

peppy wrote:

YGOkid8 wrote:

MB = Lilac, and he won :P

But yeah, congrats guys ^_^
YGOkid8

0_o wrote:

MB = Lilac
and now that that confusion is gone, let's all be friends again
that otomatone thing is win
OzzyOzrock
It's funny, because I had used to think that I could possibly win this, lmao
silklash
congrats to all the winners!
James2250
Entertaining reading all of the comments the judges left

Congrats guys~
Selee
It's really interesting to play these maps while looking at the comments~

Thanks judges for being so patient to each participant, that's really helpful for both mappers and modders~

Oh..finaly.. Congrats guys!~
show more