Community Forum

IamKirby's recent development in designing (not even a month, used to just create 0/10 overlays lol)

posted
Total Posts
8
Topic Starter
IamKirby

Need help! What could be changed for the better on my work. Don't be afraid to criticise!





Aomi
shortening the title would be a good place to start
ALTKID

Aomi wrote:

shortening the title would be a good place to start
Wall-ed

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Aomi wrote:

shortening the title would be a good place to start
Tae

Aomi wrote:

shortening the title would be a good place to start

Wall-ed wrote:

Aomi wrote:

shortening the title would be a good place to start

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Aomi wrote:

shortening the title would be a good place to start
otherwise, they look ok imo ahaha
Deadly
in all seriousness.. LOL
Try not to over sharpen your images/renders too much because you'll get this really weird definition difference between the actual image and the background. Make sure you try to use different font schemes (ex: large bulk font w/ smaller, delicate font) and better font colors I suppose? Don't use the "Stroke" option too much on renders/images that aren't rendered smoothly because you'll have really weird fuzzy areas like this

Try to use different dimensions for your designs. Don't use areas that are too big because you'll have really huge gaps of space between your actual image and the background itself. Use more "muted" colors that aren't eye burning like this or this because it's slightly difficult to read. :v Try to develop your own "style" for your designs and learn to explore with different things!!!!
Good luck with everything! :^)
Reunilu
[insert statement about title being too long even though the forum is compact enough to make it look okay-ish]

Anyway, I both agree and disagree with Deadly. My comments are probably gonna be a bit confusing, so I'll leave them in bullet points.

  1. Sharpen is kinda hit or miss if it's not a screenshot from a TV show. Use it somewhat sparingly.
  2. Same comments about sharpen can be said for bevel, and honestly I don't really recommend putting it unless you really know what you're doing. Actually, don't rely on PS's built in effects too much, it's kind of detrimental. The only one's I'd really recommend using is Stroke (mostly for text) and Drop Shadow.
  3. Text is more there to enhance the graphic rather than take it away from your focal/render. Don't put too many effects on it, nor make it unreadable. Then again, that's basically the whole reason why text is considered one of the hardest aspects of GFX, so balance is key.
  4. Lighting effects are not everything. Contrary to what the this subforum would have people believe. (No offense, subforum.)
  5. Here is where I disagree with Deadly. I believe that you should develop a style, but I'd like to keep the thought in the back of your mind. Style doesn't really mean much if you don't have your technique in a good place. Still, I also believe style develops on its own, while you're experimenting.
  6. This is sort of a nitpick of mine that has developed over the years, but try not to make your graphics look too similar. Yeah, they're all different in their own rights, but fundamentally they're the same.
ALTKID
anyway i make a thread for asking something like this
but no one use it and they still make a thread for asking stuff like this

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/466565&start=0
Please sign in to reply.

New reply