forum

[duplicate] Edit your mapsets with friends

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Infinicy
Before I even start as to why I think this would be a great feature to add into the game, I will say this:

I've looked through the forums for probably close to two hours. I've searched different words, posts, and content to see if this request had been made before. I DID NOT FIND ANYTHING RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC! That doesn't mean it is not out there, it just means I didn't find it. So that's why I'm making this post. I've been thinking about this feature quite often recently, and have come up with some relatively good things that would come with this being implemented.

FEATURE LIST (Because people probably just want to know the features. Not all of my crappy writing about how 'awesome' this would be)
Up to eight people would be able to work on a map at once!

The edit tab now has two separate options! One to edit alone, the other is to edit with friends!

The "Edit with Friends" editor would have three new features in addition to itself: A drop down to see who is working with you (Optional implementation), a chat room for everyone working with you to use (Could be named #friendeditor), and their miniature avatars on the timeline to specify where they are working!

Inviting is simple and effective. Just find their name under your friends list, and click "Invite to Edit"! (You must first be editing a map for this to work.)

First of all, if this addition were to be added, the Edit Tab would no longer just take you straight into all your maps for, well, editing. Instead, there would now be two separate options. One would be to "Map on your own", and the other one would be to "Map with friends". The map on your own tab would function the exact same as the current edit tab. The new one however, would take you into what is basically the same editor, but has a few minor changes: There would now be two new drop down functions. One of them being you could click on a tab to see who is currently working on whatever you happen to be making. The second would be a chat room for everyone who is working on it. Coordination is key when it comes to making Collaboration beatmaps. Otherwise things could quite well look very out of place. There would also be little colour designated lines OR miniature avatars from the players profile on the timeline to specify where each person is. I'm 100% positive that someone else out there has told themselves once: "How cool would it be if my friend and I could work on the same map set at the same time?" For one, it would make collaboration maps/difficulties much easier to make, which I think would boost the popularity of these types of maps, therefore increasing amount of 5+ minute maps the Osu! community has to offer.

Secondly, lets face it, everything is better when you're with someone you know and can have fun with. I think we can also all agree that mapping gets a little boring after awhile. With this addition being implemented, it would spice up the game a little bit. I think that it would bring some attention to beatmapping as well, and many people, just for the sole factor that they would be able to make maps with their friends, would try it out. More people making maps brings more types of mapping styles to the table. Something that I think the Osu! community has lost over the past year. Mapping in today's standards is only really dictated by 10-20 very well known mappers. Everyone else adapts it in a way, and makes their own style of mapping.
Pawsu
This seems pretty much similar and much more likely to happen imo, but let's wait to see what others have to say.
Topic Starter
Infinicy

Pawsu wrote:

This seems pretty much similar and much more likely to happen imo, but let's wait to see what others have to say.
Oh my gosh I forgot to search Collaborative on its own... I can't believe I missed a post THAT big -_-
Pawsu

DaTopBull wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

Oh my gosh I forgot to search Collaborative on its own... I can't believe I missed a post THAT big -_-
Lol, it happens. This would be marked as a duplicate then. Go show some love to the already existing thread!