posted
Total Posts
show more
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

And you accomplished nothing with your post
We don't accomplish anything here anyways
No, YOU don't accomplish anything here. He asked a sincere question and i tried to help him
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Yeah, and because OP is one of hundreds of other people exactly like him that can't post in the proper places and when they do, it's asking for help in a game they don't play much of, haven't played much of, or don't bother to play much of.
it's asking for help in a game they don't play much of

ok, I really do think you're a colossal clown from now
Here's the help they can get: Play more and stop wasting your time asking for what to do when there's nothing for you to do besides just fucking play. Or hey, maybe I can reccomend some good 5 star maps for OP to play because they're good practice for all the skills he doesn't have.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

No, YOU don't accomplish anything here. He asked a sincere question and i tried to help him
This is fucking OT - it's not the place for sincere questions about the game and if you want to try to force anyone to take it that way then fuck off. "Help" him if you want. The real answer to OP's question is because he's shit and hasn't even put in any time into the game yet expects more.
_handholding
khelly, just dont reply to 'them'
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

khelly, just dont reply to 'them'
It's OT mate.
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This is fucking OT - it's not the place for sincere questions about the game and if you want to try to force anyone to take it that way then fuck off. "Help" him if you want. The real answer to OP's question is because he's shit and hasn't even put in any time into the game yet expects more.
Well, why don't you kindly tell him that he has posted in the wrong forum and then move along with your mindless unproductive day
Yuudachi-kun
Because I don't believe he'll actually learn anything or even bother sticking around for it to be worthwhile.
_handholding
if you dont believe he'll get anywhere why do you even bother to respond to him.

Why can't you just not hit that reply button?
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

if you dont believe he'll get anywhere why do you even bother to respond to him.

Because I like telling them to fuck off with their shit
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Because I don't believe he'll actually learn anything or even bother sticking around for it to be worthwhile.
If you don't think he is going to read your post, then don't bother saying anything.
_handholding

Khelly wrote:

Kisses wrote:

Because I like telling them to fuck off with their shit
And everyone else is tired of your shit
Yuudachi-kun

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Khelly wrote:

If you don't think he is going to read your post, then don't bother saying anything.
Did I say I didn't think he was going to read it? I think I'll bother saying what I feel rather than pretending to be some fake ass nice guy.

Kisses wrote:

And everyone else is tired of your shit
Now you're acting just like me. That's the spirit!
_handholding
you do realise that when a new person posts a question they arent the same person as the others before them?

so why the fk do you have to have a fk do at every single one of them?
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Did I say I didn't think he was going to read it? I think I'll bother saying what I feel rather than pretending to be some fake ass nice guy.
Okay. Have fun with whatever it is you do 8-)
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

you do realise that when a new person posts a question they arent the same person as the others before them?
They're for all intents and purposes the same faceless person that won't appear again.
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Kisses wrote:

They're for all intents and purposes the same faceless person that won't appear again.
No, they probably learn where to correctly post because people that aren't you tell them their mistakes.
Yuudachi-kun
Well then good thing you're here innit
Tae
s p i c y
Sandy Hoey

Almaz wrote:

s p i c y
For sure!
Railey2
I remember I played a new game once and joined in a normal lobby. People instantly called me a noob, made fun of me and then kicked me. I never played that game again after that. I hope their community dies out slowly.
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

I remember I played a new game once and joined in a normal lobby. People instantly called me a noob, made fun of me and then kicked me. I never played that game again after that. I hope their community dies out slowly.
If you were going to leave a game that easily then chances were you weren't going to play it much to begin with.
Mogsy
wow this thread is full of everyone opening up a fresh bag of

(also don't be a dick to new people)
_handholding

Khelly wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

If you were going to leave a game that easily then chances were you weren't going to play it much to begin with.

*Khelly's logic*
Yuudachi-kun
Kisses was like "You're being negative for no reason"

and then when I mentioned I gave him my reasons already he decides to ignore me because he can't actually comprehend the fact that I gave him my reasons.

2016-06-22 14:49 Khelly: I find it ironic that the people who claim to not like negativity just end up being the same
_handholding
I comprehended that, I ignored you because I don't like you
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

I comprehended that, I ignored you because I don't like you
Okay. I still like you though because you remind me of me.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

if I had met nice people right off the bat, that would've increased my chances of staying a lot.

The point is, you can't tell right in the beginning whether a person is inclined of leaving or not. You were rude as fuck to me too when I first joined, you colossal jackass :b

A strong community is more effective in drawing new players in and keeping them there, because they give them another reason to stay, beside the game itself. A toxic community does the exact opposite. Now guess in which category you fall with behavior like this.
Sandy Hoey

Kisses wrote:

Khelly wrote:

*Khelly's logic*
It actually makes complete sense. It doesn't really matter how toxic a community is if you enjoy the game (i.e. me with LoL). But I guess it definitely draws players in if the community is welcoming and supportive
Mogsy
a toxic community is why i left osu after 7-8 years in the first place

(i mostly came back to shitpost during work)
_handholding

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It actually makes complete sense. It doesn't really matter how toxic a community is if you enjoy the game (i.e. me with LoL). But I guess it definitely draws players in if the community is welcoming and supportive
It's that fact that he thinks he can act like a dick because of that

edit: It's that fact that he thinks he should act like a dick because of that
Yuudachi-kun

Railey2 wrote:

if I had met nice people right off the bat, that would've increased my chances of staying a lot.

The point is, you can't tell right in the beginning whether a person is inclined of leaving or not. You were rude as fuck to me too when I first joined, you colossal jackass :b

A strong community is more effective in drawing new players in and keeping them there, because they give them another reason to stay, beside the game itself. A toxic community does the exact opposite. Now guess in which category you fall with behavior like this.
Give me links because I don't remember and I am interested now.

Also, the forums, especially in this ghetto named OT, isn't exactly the community. There's a fuckton other people that play the game outside of here and never bother coming one bit. Also, even if OP did leave, there's hundreds of thousands of more people that would just end up instantly taking his place no matter what the perception of the community is. I say the same for most mappers that aren't unique.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It actually makes complete sense. It doesn't really matter how toxic a community is if you enjoy the game. (i.e. me with LoL)
It works better with osu because as opposed to league you can play this as a singleplayer game 99% of the time.
Sandy Hoey

Kisses wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It's that fact that he thinks he can act like a dick because of that
It is definetly not an excuse for being an asshole. Your right
Yuudachi-kun
Excuses are only to convince other people that what you did was acceptable. If you don't need to convince them you don't need excuses.
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Excuses are only to convince other people that what you did was acceptable. If you don't need to convince them you don't need excuses.
Well, then you need some more excuses. Lol :D
Yuudachi-kun
I think I'll be fine
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

I think I'll be fine
Alright. You be you (Or not plz)
Yuudachi-kun

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I think I'll be fine
I mean like I said - if it was GnR then I wouldn't have even bothered, but this is OT and "fuck you OP" with the reason why his OP is stupid is about as benign and unimportant of a comment I could make about him. I didn't even think too much of it until you became offended.
_handholding

Khelly wrote:

I mean like I said - if it was GnR then I wouldn't have even bothered, but this is OT and "fuck you OP" with the reason why his OP is stupid is about as benign and unimportant of a comment I could make about him. I didn't even think too much of it until you became offended.
except you give the same kind of replies to the ppl in GnR
Mogsy
and even for OT you're kinda hyperaggressive

they're new, chill
Sandy Hoey

Khelly wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Except your reason was that he was new. If anything, in my eyes at least, for a new member of the community these mistakes are a little bit more acceptable since they don't know exactly what is going on. To be honest, I never read the rules to the individual forums either.
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

Give me links because I don't remember and I am interested now.

Also, the forums, especially in this ghetto named OT, isn't exactly the community. There's a fuckton other people that play the game outside of here and never bother coming one bit. Also, even if OP did leave, there's hundreds of thousands of more people that would just end up instantly taking his place no matter what the perception of the community is. I say the same for most mappers that aren't unique.
You go back, I'm surely not looking through all of my post history. I probably have about 2k posts massed up, and you have even more.

If OT isn't the community, then the least you can do is pointing him to the community, as he was clearly looking for it to answer his question. And it also doesn't matter, bad impressions will be bad impressions, community or not.

And it's not just one person we're talking about here. The impact of a toxic community goes far beyond potentially driving this one guy here away.
Maybe the guy leaves because you're a prick, but if you hadn't said these things, he would have gotten his friends to play too.
And you never know who you're driving away. Maybe he could have become the next RLC? Imagine someone drove Blue Dragon away when he started playing the game, cause BD was only a 12 year old brat at the time. You don't know. For fucks sake Khelly, just be nice to new people. You can bash me as much as you want to, I won't complain about that.
show more