forum

ITT: We talk about the paranormal

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeletedUser_6709840
I no longer live there but yeah, I hope the new people living there are having a better time than I did
Yuudachi-kun
I believe in aliens
AutoMedic
Aliens are real, but not in the form of intelligent life

Anything that lives can be considered an alien. But I am skeptical over the fact that there is intelligent life out there. We would've gotten a response to them if they are actually intelligent, but on what it seems to be right now, I think we're just communicating with a bunch of space animals

Also, your guys thoughts on time travel? This thread should be interesting
DeletedUser_6709840
I think time travel could be possible but it's dangerous.

It's possible that intelligent life could be too far across the galaxy to communicate with us yet or hasn;t advanced technology wise yet.
Railey2
we all travel through time very slowly, approximately one second per second.
_handholding
If you guys wanna hear something really crazy then all the stuff that has happened now will happen again and has probrably happened before
AutoMedic

Railey2 wrote:

We're referring to temporal displacement., not aging forward
Meah
I turned off all of the lights on our office before leaving to buy food, but as we return, some lights are turned on. That creeps us out.
After that we start digging about the history of that said building and rumors said that it was a night club where a child died.
Railey2

AutoMedic wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

We're referring to temporal displacement., not aging forward
I feel very temporally displaced on Monday mornings.
piruchan

2015071 wrote:

My bed was positioned facing my bedroom door. The door was not entirely shut. I always leave a gap whenever I went to bed.
That's what you did wrong.

Personally, I won't be able to sleep like that. I always lock every doors and windows in my room whenever I'm going to sleep. The thought that someone/something I don't know can just open the door quietly and watches me sleep creeps me out.

Edit:
I believe in aliens.
Topic Starter

piruchan wrote:

2015071 wrote:

My bed was positioned facing my bedroom door. The door was not entirely shut. I always leave a gap whenever I went to bed.
That's what you did wrong.

Personally, I won't be able to sleep like that. I always lock every doors and windows in my room whenever I'm going to sleep. The thought that someone/something I don't know can just open the door quietly and watches me sleep creeps me out.

Edit:
I believe in aliens.
I personally disagree.

If something bad happened, like a fire, in my home, my parents could just push the door and wake me up. Saves up countless hours panicking opening the door
Faust
Former workplace was a hot spot for these topics, owning to the number of supposedly paranormal cases that occurred.

Including, but not limited to: Phantom sightings, Demonic possession, Poltergeist, Inexplicable noises & stench.
Yuudachi-kun
Your av has cropped nipples
Faust
Yup.

Remarkable artwork.
Yuudachi-kun
Source
Railey2
Poltergeist is a nice little German word.

Personally i don't believe in the paranormal. As a general tip though: If you're seeing ghosts, buy a carbon monoxide alarm, since many "supernatural" events are reported to just happen in peoples heads due to Carbon monoxide poisoning. If you're hallucinating, the first thing is always to get some fresh air, because it might be the air, that makes you hallucinate.
Another common cause is sleep deprivation, in which case.. you should just take better care of yourself.
Schizophrenia is a thing too, although hallucinations tend to be auditory.
Faust
Well, that workplace of mine has a history that dates back to pre & post-war events.

Apparently the dumping of corpses were involved. And that it was essentially marshland before reclamation & urban development.
Railey2
if people regularly hallucinate at your workplace, there might be something in the air. And you can bet that it's not love.
Faust
Honestly doubt that. There is a lot of pollution, but it doesn't interfere in that way.
Hibiya-chan
Aliens are real :>

Tho they might be very far away since the universe is expanding and all. Our galaxy might just be a dot in the whole universe imo.
Lagel
I often come across something i've never seen before or will find that i'll be carrying out a certain action of what not, only to be overwhelmed by an extreme feeling of deja vu as if i've already lived through that exact moment and i can sometimes predict what will happen shortly after. idk if i'm crazy or i've lived my life before or my mind is filling in gaps

think it's all 3
Faust

Lagel wrote:

I often come across something i've never seen before or will find that i'll be carrying out a certain action of what not, only to be overwhelmed by an extreme feeling of deja vu as if i've already lived through that exact moment and i can sometimes predict what will happen shortly after. idk if i'm crazy or i've lived my life before or my mind is filling in gaps

think it's all 3
Railey2
Topic Starter

Railey2 wrote:

Personally i don't believe in the paranormal. As a general tip though: If you're seeing ghosts, buy a carbon monoxide alarm, since many "supernatural" events are reported to just happen in peoples heads due to Carbon monoxide poisoning. If you're hallucinating, the first thing is always to get some fresh air, because it might be the air, that makes you hallucinate.
Another common cause is sleep deprivation, in which case.. you should just take better care of yourself.
Schizophrenia is a thing too, although hallucinations tend to be auditory.
Aahh! Science!

Well actually there's 1 more scientific explanation to ghost. Infrasound.

Ender Lain
Baychimo and Lost Boy Larry

mystery or paranormal?
Railey2
if the fan was only recently installed, why did the lab already have a reputation for being haunted?

I think I've heard of this before though. Makes sense
Meah
what does ITT mean? I am not good with Urban Dictionary, sry.
Topic Starter

Meah wrote:

in this thread
Meah

2015071 wrote:

Meah wrote:

in this thread
oh, thanks.
Topic Starter
So I was browsing the internet for some juicy memes just now but instead of finding juicy memes, I got this instead.

This is the star called KIC 8462852 (or called Wheres The Flux star). It's a star similar to our sun, but a bit bigger. Here's what the scientist discovered while observing the star. And it's quite weird (possibly proof of aliens).

DeletedUser_6709840
That sounds cool