haitai

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Itou
haitai
dung eater
use hitsounds

listen to song, look at hitcircles. know how it should be tapped if you tapped perfectly (use auto if in doubt)

observe how you do not tap it perfectly

try to tap it perfectly
vinnicci
Beatmaps with 3 to 4* will help you improve, while playing beyond your capability might help or not, you wouldn't be consistent.
Yolshka

hypercom wrote:

Beatmaps with 3 to 4* will help you improve, while playing beyond your capability might help or not, you wouldn't be consistent.
I never understand this, what does getting B-s have to do with consistency?
You are consistent on maps that you can do already anyway.You can't consistently combo maps that you can't play comfortably so i don't understand this thing about consistency all the time.
Imo you'd actually want to go for B-s if you'd like to improve
_handholding
I aim for SS when I want to improve
vinnicci
Hiro-Senpai
Well i agree with hypercom, kinda
You should master easier things first and it should help you with the harder ones
But i believe if you want to get comfortable playing a hard map then you have to just play the map more often and train
then go to some other maps and after some time play the map you struggled with again. It is possible that you improved
your skill enough to play it.

And the OP i advise you to play some easier maps (like "hard" difficulties) :) Bcuz it is maybe too early for you to play the harder ones
that you are struggling to get a good acc on
Topic Starter
Itou
haitai
StephOsu
you need to have a stable fundamental and base to actually be able to climb high, if not you are bound to crumble soon like all the DT farmers around my rank that's stuck forever because they can't play other/no mod anymore
Xyrus_old_1

TuckingFypoo wrote:

I just feel like the "hard" difficulty maps are too slow sometimes, so I move to the insane songs
When you say too slow, are you referring to AR or BPM?

If it's AR, you simply haven't learnt to read the beat yet. Going back to AR8 will help you more than whackamoling AR9.3, try:-
guide to reading hitcircles
1. Enable hitsounds
2. Adjust volume of hitsounds and music until you can clearly hear the hitsounds over the music
3. Use https://osu.ppy.sh/s/4659 to adjust your global offset, avoid adjusting local offset
4a. Find a map you've played a few times, then pass it (the OD of the map should be a whole number, e.g. 6 / 7 / 8 / etc..
4b. Go into options and change turn on the Hit Error Bar
4c. Watch the replay of the map you just passed taking note of how early/late you're coming it (the white bar in the middle is on-time, to the left is early, to the right is late). You can calculate it in ms by checking the OD of the map and using an OD chart like this one, e.g. you just played an OD 6 map and most of your hits are slightly to the left of the blue 300 area, since OD 6 gives you a 300 if you hit within 43.5ms of the correct timing, you're off by about 45-50ms or 1/20th of a second
4d. Now go back and play that map and try to come in 1/20th of a second late, if you managed to get mostly 300s, pat yourself on the back and move on to your next goal, otherwise, go back to step 4c

If it's BPM, there are a few 200+ BPM maps at lower levels, but...

StephOsu wrote:

you need to have a stable fundamental and base to actually be able to climb high, if not you are bound to crumble soon like all the DT farmers around my rank that's stuck forever because they can't play other/no mod anymore

ShadyAngel wrote:

I never understand this, what does getting B-s have to do with consistency?
You are consistent on maps that you can do already anyway.You can't consistently combo maps that you can't play comfortably so i don't understand this thing about consistency all the time.
Imo you'd actually want to go for B-s if you'd like to improve
It depends, if you can read the map properly, it's always good to play a map you got a B on. If you can't read the map, accept that you can't read it and move on.
Sup A Noob
Easier difficulties for fundamentals, harder difficulties for training.

Our "easier difficulty" and "harder difficulty" songs differ per person based on skill level, so judge for yourself what's considered as your "easy" and "hard" songs. My definition of "easy" songs are those that you can play and A/S/>95% with ease, minus an accidental choke here or there. "Hard" ones are everything else.
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
i don't know what good playing 5* maps will do you at 180k so why are you even worrying about it
obviously your accuracy is gonna be terrible on maps outside your comfort zone
Endie-
feel the beat
StephOsu

Endie- wrote:

feel the beat
reported for sexual harassing the beat