forum

pc osu! on android [TUTORIAL]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RandomLoli
so, i can provide only help, wont show you proof cuz of lack sd card.

there is a way to play osu and other pc games on android. as one of a few i know how to do it. first of all. your phone doesnt need to be rooted or anything like that. you wont ingerate in system files or so, theres no risk. only thing u need to have is sd card sith about 8gb, 300mb free space on phone mem. and 5gb of internet data you can allow yourself to spend.

first of all

*why should i do it?
im studying and working. i cant take my pc with me and play at work or so.
*is it legal?
it is. at least if you run xp or 10 cuz its free to use it now.(about that later)
*i have weak phone, can i do it to?
no. it has to be 1gb ram free on your phone to work as it should.
(i did it with weak phone but latency was like over 9k xD send me a pm with your phone specs so i can say can u do it)
*video tut?
ill do it after ill gain new sdcard.
*errors everywhere! help!
pm me so i can help you, dont comment me with 'please help me' or so.

thing's u need to have (download links later, i cant find it on phone):

windows xp BOOTABLE img, iso or so.
dosbox TURBO! (faster than the free dosbox and more stable)
a lil amount of free time
pc.

what to do now?

first install dosbox turbo on your phone. (u can actually download paid version so everything will be free but i cant give a link. its illegal.)

second paste windows xp bootable iso or img (i use img) into sd or phone mem (i like to have it portable so im using sdcard)

open dosbox

now some research. you should have 'c' already bind to some point at your memory dictionary. if doesnt type in mount c sdcard

now search where you put the img with any software. remember the path or write it somewhere. now back to dosbox turbo, go to settings, advanced, boot options.

edit it to mount c: windows file path (like sdcard/0/emulated/windows)
next type in at the bottom, imgmount a: file path like (sdcard/0/emulated/windows/windows.img
next type at the bottom, boot a

your ok to go save it and restart the app.

next install osu on windows and gere ya go! u have osu on your android.
AstralPhnx
The only way you're going to get the game running at a playable speed using this method on your phone is if you're using some top of the range thing. You are basically emulating an x86 processor on an ARM processor which is insane enough as it is but then you're asking it to run both an operating system AND a game.

Now I know modern phones are quite powerful but there is no way this would ever be playable on any phone that isn't somewhat high range. That and it just seems way too ridiculous and pointless to go through in my opinion.
Topic Starter
RandomLoli
actually no, snapdragons are quite good enough to run both same time, especially if theres a cuted version of system (like microxp). it is playable and fast enough to play it. you can always change osu settings to the lowest.
eris94
Why not just install opsu! ?
Topic Starter
RandomLoli
not all maps or mods even multiplayer supported thats why ;D
Raymonf
Just chiming in here.

This post is BS. XP doesn't run in DosBox Turbo and it never will. Also, an ARM Android device would never be able to process the instructions fast enough for osu! to run even at 1fps. You'd be lucky if you could even get Windows to run.
Topic Starter
RandomLoli

Raymonf wrote:

Just chiming in here.

This post is BS. XP doesn't run in DosBox Turbo and it never will. Also, an ARM Android device would never be able to process the instructions fast enough for osu! to run even at 1fps. You'd be lucky if you could even get Windows to run.

dunno did you tried. it is possible to run xp, what i know now it will be possible to run windows 10 (not mobile version) on android when they will finish making drivers. i contacted microsoft to gain knowledge in such a thing and one of them (even if he souldnt make me such a help) said it is possible to run 10 on arm structure. it is even possible to gain drivers for it in a few months.
Lecoren
osu! is hard to play with mobile devices even if I use osu! droid,
don't wanna bother me again with pc client with fucking small screen.
ihronn

eris94 wrote:

Why not just install opsu! ?
MTG
Nobody have a gameplay video of that osu pc on Android?
isntkek

MTGPROD wrote:

Nobody have a gameplay video of that osu pc on Android?

Late to the party, but ill try it out.

UPDATE: It seems to be going well, but the part where you mount the iso/img requries a parameter in order to actually mount the iso/img. Screenshot:https://ibb.co/2WVGKj2
Tvriple
use osu!lazer for android!

it supports all the maps, can connect to this website and its built by none other than Dean "peppy" Herbert, the creator of osu!.

https://github.com/ppy/osu/releases

use the APK file
MTG
I already have osu!lazer on my phone for a long time but i want the real osu! on my android. Lazer is not actually in a good state.

And yes when mounting the img/iso that's didn't work because:

1) Windows XP is not compatible with dosbox

2) Dosbox needs parameters like you said.
seven17500
didnt work
- Marco -

seven17500 wrote:

didnt work
Have you tried osu!lazer for Android?
Minnnnnnn
I use android :D