forum

Know where the breaks are in a map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
Topic Starter
Safyire
I thought of a neat feature that can show players when and how long the breaks in a beatmap.

It could look like this: (sorry for bad picture I made it in 30 seconds lol)

Basically the green areas can show where and how long the breaks in a beatmap. It can be useful for those really long breaks where players can get thrown off while relaxing/resting from the break. This can also be used for Kiai Time, but I don't think it's relevant for anywhere since it doesn't affect anything (except for Taiko I guess)

(Again, sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I searched for anything related to breaks in this board and nothing like this came up. I apologize for any of the duplicates if there are :? )
Liiraye
sounds cool actually, s u p p o r t i n g this

Bara-
This is actually a great idea!
Still... I wonder what The Unforgiving is going to look like
JBHyperion
We already have the intro "countdown" so yeah, it would be cool to have this same feature for breaks.
Pawsu
This isn't a bad idea. Although it would be a little confusing seeing that for the first time and not knowing what it is..
Some related requests:
  1. See how much break time there is
  2. Adding a timer during break
Bara-
Pawsu, you linked the same thread twice...
Sandy Hoey
I would really like to see this. I can tell you how many times I mess up a combo because I think there is a break, and it turns out it is just a slight pause. lol, it gets me even if I know its coming. ;)
Underforest
This is actually a good idea, this can help players a lot. I'm supporting this!
AX3M
This couldn't be any more useful to every osu! player! But I'm having second thoughts..
..wouldn't it significantly affect the Overall Difficulty of the game itself?
I strongly believe those unexpected break-like gaps between hits are part of the challenge so putting this feature wouldn't make sense (only imho though).
Topic Starter
Safyire

AX3M wrote:

This couldn't be any more useful to every osu! player! But I'm having second thoughts..
..wouldn't it significantly affect the Overall Difficulty of the game itself?
I strongly believe those unexpected break-like gaps between hits are part of the challenge so putting this feature wouldn't make sense (only imho though).
I wouldn't call it a "challenge", I would call it more of a nuisance. Break times are usually very predictable in songs, especially on when the break ends. There are cases when a break suddenly ends/starts though and throws the player off completely, so my suggestion would make it easier for people to find exactly when they start and end, instead of relying on their predictions in the song.
Akasha-
this is very good i like it
maybe if this gets applied, players can change color of it too; both kiai color and break time which are making on the time bar
FSan08
i think could be usefull! in long maps mainly
+1
Axon
I actually really like this idea. I mean the design could be cleaner but otherwise great!
This could be really helpful playing marathon maps so you can plan accordingly for your breaks.

s u p p o r t
Outline
Good idea for some, bad idea for some. it seems some people like it and others don't, so it should be an option to have it on or not. I also think kiai time should be an option for it as well.
Stefan
And also let's show when a spinner, stream, jump, BPM or SV change comes. :P

We need less of these things. Alternative, check out the beatmap in editor for some seconds and play them?