forum

MMORPG wars!/ The best of the MMORPGs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SargentPie
What is your favorite MMORPG and why?
Please leave answers that are more that a few words long and do not offend anyone elso on this post.

My favorite MMORPG is runescape because there is really alot to do. Lots of new players to the game get turned off because It is a slow, grinding fest. But once you have some good levels you can get past all of that and have some real fun with the minigames, Runescape community and just the game in general. Of coure, this is the only MMORPG i have played, but I digress.

Discuss.
Jarby
I had the most fun with World of Warcraft as it simply had higher production values than other MMOs I'd played and it showed. Interesting game overall in regards to levelling, group systems and pvp.
Topic Starter
SargentPie
Here's another thought:

Would you consider osu! a MMORPG? I mean, there IS a level up system and there are LOTS of people who play it...
Noobita

SargentPie wrote:

Here's another thought:

Would you consider osu! a MMORPG? I mean, there IS a level up system and there are LOTS of people who play it...
but it has nothing to do with role playing
bmin11
I would say DFO (DnF, Arad Senki)
It has an unique gameplay for an online game and yet plays fabulously. Yes, the graphic isn't the best since this is 6-years old. However, the challenge of non-targeting and the stylish actions are what DFO makes it worth.
WhoAteFred

SargentPie wrote:

Runescape community
...what? Have you seen their forums?
On another note, I currently am playing Vindictus, just because I like the gameplay, and since it's better than point and click grinding imo.
Topic Starter
SargentPie
Yes, their forums are old and outdated, but there still there. Also, there are a LOT more people who use the Runescape forums than the osu! forums.
adam2046

SargentPie wrote:

Yes, their forums are old and outdated, but there still there. Also, there are a LOT more people who use the Runescape forums than the osu! forums.
I highly doubt that he was referring to how old they are.
Also quantity =/= quality.
Rantai
I'm tossing up between Eve Online and World of Warcraft.

I particularly like the theory and numbers behind Eve, trying to figure which ammo to use on which guns against which enemy is always a good challenge along with the sheer variety of set ups and the 'lol factor' that randomly mixing modules can bring.

As for WoW, I find that the PvP is simply more fun than any other MMO I've played, especially at low levels.
Two_old
Yep, dungeon fighter is the best. It's not even my opinion, it's a fact. I've played everything else.
murseli
This is a tough one.

I would have to say that World of Warcraft WAS the best MMORPG but I'm not really sure anymore.
I did play Rift's beta and I liked it a lot.
I have played many MMO's but now I would say the best one would be Guild Wars.
RemmyX25

SargentPie wrote:

Here's another thought:

It's an MMO, minus the RPG.
Ephemeral
eve online is basically a spreadsheet with a fancy graphics engine behind it

world of warcraft's end gameplay is sparse at best and as of cataclysm, has rampant balance issues

i still insist that vanguard is the best MMO ever made, closely followed by guild wars then lineage 2