forum

Reol () - ECHO

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
purelybaka
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 12:25:03 PM

Artist: Reol ()
Title: ECHO
Tags: vocaloid, Crusher-P feat GUMI, Reol
BPM: 140
Filesize: 4253kb
Play Time: 01:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4.2 stars, 212 notes)
Download: Reol () - ECHO
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
ples
SoleUce
Difficulty
For a map of that difficulty try using an OD less then 10

Timing
The bpm is 140 and i think the offset is 19866
Most notes are well timed its just that the whole map was a bit out

Misc
00:31:384 (1) - Weird place for a spinner

Good start to the map would love to see it when it is done
NachOx
BPM: 139,97
Offset: 13337

:P

Now you have to resnap all the circles and sliders
Rizen
As Requested

Timing

1. BPM: 140.000
  2. Offset: 13,366
  3. After changing these values, the circles and inherited timing points will no longer be snapped, so make sure to go through and resnap them all

Regarding Ranking Criteria

1. The background looks nice, but the resolution is kinda too small. Here's an upsized file of the same image which I put through waifux2
  2. The audio file has a few problems. The first problem is that there is a silent 8 second part at the beginning of the audio file and a silent 5 second part at the end of the song. The silent part at the end of the song should be fineish, but the silent part at the beginning would not be. This is because beatmap file sizes should be kept to a minimum (capped internet plans are still a thing!). You can do this with something like audacity
  3. The second problem is that the file size is 128kbps. Although this is rankable, it would be best to find a 192kbps mp3 file of the song.
  4. The metadata (information about the song) must be correct. The following should replace the following fields:
    - Artist: れをる
    - Romanised Artist: Reol
  5. A preview point should also be placed to "advertise" the song. A place to set it would be at 03:11:223 - . You can set this by clicking Timing>Set Current Position as Preview Point

- Insane

1. Regarding New Comboing (NC), it should generally be done on Downbeats, emphasising jumps or stresses in the music, etc. For example, 00:23:651 (2) - this should be NC'd instead of 00:23:223 (1) - as the vocals/instruments have more emphasis/are more noticeable at 00:23:651 (2) - . By downbeat, I mean the large white tick. Another example can be seen at 00:47:437 (1,2) -
  2. While we're on the subject of downbeats, they are usually the most noticeable and therefore, the most likely to be mapped to. What I mean by mapped to would mean either a circle or slider head (Start of a slider) to mimic the player "tapping" to the beat. An example of this would be at 00:27:080 - . A slider end (where the slider ends) currently covers that beat, and is in my opinion, rather uncomfortable. A better way to play this rhythm would be to ctrl+g (switch positions on the timeline of objects) the objects at 00:26:866 (2,3) - . This would make the more noticeable downbeat clickable and more intuitive to play. A second example can be seen at 00:48:508 (6,7,1) - . Simply ctrl+g the rhythm and reposition the objects and it will seem more fitting for the song imo. But that does not mean every downbeat should be mapped like this.
  3. Next up would be to talk about flow. Many mappers have different definitions for "flow", so for the purpose of this mod, "flow" will mean the direction of the cursor from object to object. Take the section at 00:53:866 (3,4,5,1,2) - for example. The cursor movement from the triple stream 3,4,5 to circle 1 suggests a direction to the lower right. While you have placed the next object in this vicinity, the slider direction contradicts this. ctrl+g'ing the slider at 00:54:508 (2) - would be an improvement, but would mean moving the next upcoming object to reduce the longer distance it would make.
  4. I would also like to talk about the distances between objects. In the current mapping meta, larger distances between objects means the mapper wants to put emphasis on the music. What you did at 00:27:266 (3,4,5,6) - is a good use of distancing to emphasise the vocals. You increased distance between 3 and 4, and 5 and 6, which matches the stresses in the vocals. Just food for thought
  5. Most new mappers make two mistakes, they map exclusively the vocals and the overmap. These can be seen in the map at points such as at 00:19:766 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - and 00:56:195 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - . The first one, there is a clear beat at 00:21:480 - which should be mapped with a circle or something. The second one is overmapped. This means the objects placed in the map does not correspond to anything in the music (making a rhythm out of nothing).
  6. The slider at 00:44:195 (1) - should be ending at 00:44:624 - as this is where the vocals end

Just some tips, hope you will find them helpful!
Good Luck!

sorry for the wall of text =p

M a k e N e w Z e a l a n d G r e a t A g a i n
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.