Would you play this sort of map?

Yes.
100.00%
Maybe.
0.00%
No.
0.00%
Total votes: 18
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
shadow7412
This is a feature that probably has a low likelyhood of being implemented much to my sadness, but I shall suggest it here anyway.

First some background.

I noticed ages ago in the editor that you can have two notes on the same spot in the timeline. This would no doubt cause 'bugs' in average maps because a player would not be able to hit both notes at once.

However recently while playing in Coop it occurred to me that if two different players were to play notes at the same time, some very interesting beatmaps could emerge.
This is my shortlived attempt at getting this to work.

It is probably broken at the moment as when I upload it sometimes the order of the notes on the same spot get muddled due to what I assume to be some form of optimisation, so it may not work properly but the concept still shows.

Anyway, tldr;
Would it be possible to introduce these sort of 'multiple players play at the same time" sort of maps?
Daru
This would require you to more or less see the other person's cursor and get information that is "live". Latency between players online is too high for this to work properly (one person would be a few hundred ms behind), given the nature of this game. The only way it would work is through LAN, which is pretty limiting.

There are a few duplicate threads of this, too.
Topic Starter
shadow7412
On one hand I see your point, but on the other I don't see what would be wrong with implementing it the same way as normal coop. (That is the note you see as missed isn't always the one that was actually missed).

Of course, I really would like to see the ability to play this over LAN. I think it would be great fun, especially if all the computers were in sync enough to actually have everyone in the room pump the volume. But that is another argument for another day.
Jarby
Yes, I like the idea. There is so much that could be done with this.
Shohei Ohtani
I've seen this request before, but I'm too lazy to go out and find it. I think it'd be a nice idea, but people don't play TAG maps enough to really make it such high demand.
Topic Starter
shadow7412

CDFA wrote:

people don't play TAG maps enough to really make it such high demand.
I feel the same way. Which is, I think, a real shame.
Derekku
Duplicate of this and about a dozen other threads: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13476

Not likely to happen, but a possibility nonetheless.