forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Remonwater
I tried Katawa Shoujo as my first visual novel. I really love it and highly recommend it for beginners.
I've gone through Emi, Shizune, Hanako, and Rin's routes so far, Shizune being my favorite one.
DeScarlett

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Started "Little Busters!" by Key. Looking foward to the anime, I hope I can finish the VN before the anime finishes airing~
"Little Busters!" ? not the "EX" ?
*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD

Yuu-Chii wrote:

School Days HQ
Se-chan minus the hentai = <3<3<3<3<3

N y a r u k o wrote:

Itried Katawa Shoujo as my first visual novel. I really love it and highly recommend it for beginners.
I've gone through Emi, Shizune, Hanako, and Rin's routes so far, Shizune being my favorite one.
Nice one :D

btw, Nyaruko, the full ver of Katawa Shoujo already released ? i only read the trial ver so far lol
NoHitter
Katawa Shoujo was released ages ago.
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Started "Little Busters!" by Key. Looking foward to the anime, I hope I can finish the VN before the anime finishes airing~
*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD
mathexpert is under-aged?!

My life is a lie...

NoHitter wrote:

This is true.

Nice signature, BTW.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

NoHitter wrote:

This is true.

Nice signature, BTW.

since 2009. checked it on vndb. a few hours ago

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
That proves it, doesn't it?

And I was talking to NoHitter about the sig. But yours is quite nice as well.
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

whose signature ? mine ?
August-Soft FTW
That proves it, doesn't it?

And I was talking to NoHitter about the sig. But yours is quite nice as well.
uh uh

*GASP
self centered detected
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

It was? When?
mathexpert

The Ribbon Red wrote:

mathexpert is under-aged?!
My life is a lie...
This is amusing xD

DeScarlett wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

*peek at your profile
ah, you're underaged XD
lol I don't really care about that age stuff, I'd much rather play the EX version, but I don't think there's a translation of it..? If there is, could you kindly give me the link ^^
DeScarlett

The Ribbon Red wrote:

DeScarlett wrote:

It was? When?
that statement goes for me lolol

mathexpert9981 wrote:

lol I don't really care about that age stuff, I'd much rather play the EX version, but I don't think there's a translation of it..? If there is, could you kindly give me the link ^^
i got it from the site where i usually check some reccomendation here check it out

SPOILER
Y U NO PLAY WITH ITH

It's a Suggestion not a Demmand lol
The Ribbon Red

DeScarlett wrote:

that statement goes for me lolol
Okay...

Too bad I'm currently falling head over boots over something that's not a galge/VN.
Kazuo
just finished moonshine ;_;
now im wondering if i should play clannad or finish sharin no kuni...
Magicphoenix
If you think you hit rock-bottom with your feelings on drama then you should play Muv-Luv Alternative. It literally has THE most dramatic horrible cruel thing I've ever witnessed ever before regarding VN-Anime-Manga. It burrows a hole into your stomach and they're gonna build up painful moments for you lol. Very painful ones OTL
You must. Must. Play this VN.
Mogsy
I planned on picking up Muv-Luv rather recently. Seems like it'd be a neat VN.

Considering going through Tears to Tiara, as well. Anybody else ever play it? If so, how was it?
DeScarlett

Magicphoenix wrote:

If you think you hit rock-bottom with your feelings on drama then you should play Muv-Luv Alternative. It literally has THE most dramatic horrible cruel thing I've ever witnessed ever before regarding VN-Anime-Manga. It burrows a hole into your stomach and they're gonna build up painful moments for you lol. Very painful ones OTL
SPOILER
Muv-Luv
Muv-Luv Altered Fable
Muv-Luv Alternative
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.1
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.2
Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.3
Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse
Muv-Luv Supplement

very long sequel ~ DX

Mogsworth wrote:

Considering going through Tears to Tiara, as well. Anybody else ever play it? If so, how was it?
since Tears to Tiara was Leaf releases. i believe it's good
Sallad4ever

Mogsworth wrote:

I planned on picking up Muv-Luv rather recently. Seems like it'd be a neat VN.

To put it simple, it's your typical SRPG.
I'm not really far into the game myself (first time setting foot on avalon) but it's good if you're into medieval fantasy setting
The Ribbon Red

Sallad4ever wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

To put it simple, it's your typical SRPG.
I'm not really far into the game myself (first time setting foot on avalon) but it's decent if you're into medieval fantasy setting
Magicphoenix
Finished Muv-Luv Alternative. Holy shit, must play.
Also, what pissed me off is that the epilogue was a diashow without text but only audio and there was no translation to it, it was pretty much happily-ever-after talk and you could understand something but sitting 5 minutes having that VN open listening to japanese and not knowing what they say is a bit frustrating
Oreiora
Got the guilty crown: lost christmas preview awhile back, never had a chance to read it though, but I had a look this morning and the graphics were epic.
ampzz
It's Nitro+ what do you expect?
SonicFan344

Magicphoenix wrote:

I'm looking forward to Muv-Luv since i love Dramatic Sci-Fi Utsuge (not Nakige)
Ok, but i need help on Saya no Uta, how can i get Ending 2?
I chose "Don't Wan't It" and "He calls Fuminori" but i get the "True End"
Should i choose "He calls Ryouko" to get the Bad End (End 2)?
Accelerator-kun
Played the eng translated Guilty Crown Lost Xmas demo 1.5.
For me it's awesome!
Boom
Today I finished Rewrite.(True End)
Kagari!!!
thelewa
just finished Muv-Luv Extra and finally got to Muv-Luv Unlimited

edit: Muv-Luv Unlimited is the same exact shit, goddamn. I wish I could start reading Muv-Luv Alternative already
Magicphoenix
Why don't you just do so? You can play M-L A without having the previous games played ...
Sallad4ever

Magicphoenix wrote:

Why don't you just do so? You can play M-L A without having the previous games played ...
Kinda late but playing previous game made me relate to characters more deeply even though the plot's not really special (not to mention the horrid ending of Unlimited) but hey at least Takeru's ending speech is quite touching. For me it's a good build up for plaing MLA

Finally getting to the "that" scene in MLA.
Dang!! that really surprise me, I've heard about MLA having those kind of scene and the most similar thing I've seen on VN was Saya so I've prepared myself, but man I was wrong.

The scene really reminds me of Mami from Madoka but with more "realistic" touch. Now I understand the meaning of thelewa's avatar
I'm playing Aselia to distract myself now =3=
Magicphoenix
Haha, you'll see more horrible things from now on, trust me.
Professor Prinny
I've so far played Aselia (The 12+ ver) and Fading Hearts (I'm having trouble with some of the achievements).
BR13
I play a lot of VN, the stories are nice.
This is some of what I recommend:
Clannad
Little Busters
Kanon
Deardrops
Kirakira
Edelweiss
Sharin no Kuni
Tears to Tiara
Hoshizora no memoria

Dengeki Stryker
Kirakira Curtain Call
Edelweiss Eden Fantasia
thelewa

Magicphoenix wrote:

I wouldn't have picked up on various wonderful little things if I hadn't played the previous games, and the characters would've felt a lot more distant.

I mean MLA was originally meant to be the True Route of Muv Luv: Unlimited, so they kind of expect you to already know the characters so they do no character development at all for the main girls. If you just read MLA you won't know know the main girls as well and you wouldn't have a clue about the world. Playing Extra is also extremely vital for anyone's Muv Luv experience, because of obvious reasons in MLA. and Extra has so much foreshadowing that it's insane
those
I cried reading tomoyo after. Three times.
Sallad4ever
Finally finish with MuvLuv Alternative

Now that I actually finish it, I feel satisfied and also empty at the same time. There has never been any VN that give me a crazy mood swing every time I play it. The end is not what I expected but using the opening song for it really gives of the feeling that the game finally ends. Bravo MuvLuv Alternative

I'm interested in the chronicles now and I'll probably get Altered Fable even if it's bad
Valentiino
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php

It's finally here (it's been around for 4~days now, so kinda slowpoke, I never browse this section anyways).

Rewrite Character patch! Finally all of us non moon-readers can enjoy this masterpiece
okenoshofu
Deardrops is finally getting a BDA!
Kalle_old_1
I tried one, somehow got into a bad ending... i will never touch a vnovel again.
Lance
Finally got around to G-Senjou. Tsubaki's route was mediocre to say the least I preferred her bad end. Hopefully the rest will be be better.
UnderminE
I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Faust

UnderminE wrote:

I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
UnderminE
I mean

What.
Yafutsufa
all i`ve been playing.... :
*Kamidori : Alchemy Meister
* Tomoyo After
* Fate Stay Night
* Da Capo
* Shuffle
* Demonbane