forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
emonite
I have several visual novels but can't finish it because I don't know japanese really well... :(
UnderminE
What about English patches?
emonite
I have 5 visual novels but only 2 have english patches.
those
Finished Ran's route in My Girlfriend is the President; somehow I think it's my favourite one without having played the other routes.
yojiexo
I played CLANNAD (Visual Novel e.e) Are so good and I played The visual novel of Toradora, Great Final <3!
ampzz

those wrote:

Finished Ran's route in My Girlfriend is the President; somehow I think it's my favourite one without having played the other routes.
Wait until you go through Ezekiell's and then try saying the same.
those

ampzz wrote:

those wrote:

What's her flag? I somehow ended up on Yukino's route with the intention of Ell.
Synchrostar
Kamidori translation out. Seems like a fun VN to play, so downloading it atm ^^

EDIT: This game. Awesome.
NoHitter

those wrote:

ampzz wrote:

What's her flag? I somehow ended up on Yukino's route with the intention of Ell.
IIRC you have to not get rid of the letters to not go in Yukino's route.

Also couldn't resist:
those
Does there exist an English patch for CUBE's your diary?
I'm loving the art already (omg kantoku), but I can only comprehend so much Japanese.
Dafydd
I had the intention of playing Katawa no Shoujo for the lulz since I don't really play visual novels at all.
It's pretty good, too bad i'm stuck at 99%.
Btw, it was my first time to play a visual novel

I don't know if this was already posted, but can ye guys suggest any good VNs out there?
I lik VNs with good stories. Well, I think everybody does. :D
adam2046

Dafydd wrote:

I don't know if this was already posted, but can ye guys suggest any good VNs out there?
I lik VNs with good stories. Well, I think everybody does. :D
http://i.imgur.com/8mbiJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NoTsF.jpg
Dafydd
That was fast... Oh well, thanks a lot! :D
I was already searching a while ago, and I might start with Tsukihime. (as guided by your list and some forums I've been on)
adam2046
I started with Tsukihime and really enjoyed reading through it even if the art... isn't the best and Nasu's writing is... unique.
Faust

adam2046 wrote:

I started with Tsukihime and really enjoyed reading through it even if the art... isn't the best and Nasu's writing is... unique.
+1
NoHitter
Starting reading Deardrops.
This is one dull VN.
I hope it picks up.
senaya

NoHItter wrote:

i just want to believe they ship it to moldova.
Sallad4ever

NoHItter wrote:

This is one dull VN.
I hope it picks up.
It's almost the same with kira2, about the life of an Indie band. Though DD give more focus on the male protagonist

Anyway I'm playing Muv Luv right now but kinda have some problem so can anyone PM me their save file please? Any kind of save is appreciated but preferable if it already unlocked Muv Luv Unlimited
emonite
Visual Novels I currently have but none completed yet:
Flyable Heart (not patched)
Fate/stay night (patched)
Katawa Shoujo (English so no need for patch)
Little Busters! (patched)
My Girlfriend is the President (not patched but I heard that there is a official English version)

Don't like Saya no Uta because it is way too dark for me,does Flyable Heart have any English patch yet?
NoHitter
IIRC Flyable Heart had a machine translation English patch, so it's not going to be easy to read.
emonite
Machine translation is just...training to decipher. 8-)
Mystgun

emonite wrote:

My Girlfriend is the President (not patched but I heard that there is a official English version)
?
yes there is and i'm playing it right now xD

those

C L O U D wrote:

emonite wrote:

?
yes there is and i'm playing it right now xD

Yes, there is, and I'm about to finish the fourth and final route.
blissfulyoshi
Kamidori takes up way too much time T_T.

Oh well, here is a great truth....
Faust
Words of wisdom.
Sallad4ever

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I actually want to try it too cause it has strategy gameplay, I wonder if it's good though
blissfulyoshi

Sallad4ever wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I actually want to try it too cause it has strategy gameplay, I wonder if it's good though
Well sinked 55 hrs in 2 weeks playing that game, so it must be decent I guess.... (Gameplay is very similar to fire emblem where you have a hero class person go around killing mobs. Storyline is nothing special. Battle animation needs work. Difficulty level on normal setting is a little bit harder than FE on normal difficulty (Goddess of Dawn without saves on normal is probably still harder if you want to keep everybody) Gameplay length for 1 route is 40hrs (I took 48 because there were 3 stupid quest that I wanted to complete but took like 2-3hrs for me to collect things like 50 of each fruit). In the end, you have to enjoy it for gameplay to enjoy the game, and note that some quest are stupid to no end.)
Sallad4ever
Hmm I don't mind a farming quest and seeing you willing to spend time to play it I guess the game is worth playing, so time to download this game 8-)
those
I find the name "Sharty" amusing
senaya

NoHItter wrote:

IIRC Flyable Heart had a machine translation English patch, so it's not going to be easy to read.
http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35920
lol, it was pretty confusing.
Synchrostar
finally finished yuela route on kamidori. Now finishing those extra stories before starting NG+.
10nya
VN done :
-Imouto Paradise :>
-11eyes
-11eyes crossover
-11eyes -Resona Forma-
-Real Imouto Iru ga ooizukmi-kun no baai <if im not wrong
-Fortune Arterial
-Koiiro Soramoyou and the Fandisk
-G-senjou no Maou
-Shunki Gentei Poco a Poco
-Tayutama and the fandisk
-Princess Waltz
-etc

On going VN:
- DRACU-RIOT! Web Trial
-Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo
-Twinkle Crusaders PSS -.-
taloscal
The 'Phoenix Wright' series is one of the best series ever IMO
currently i have been obsessed with;
- 'Katawa Shoujo' (highly recommended)
- 'Umineko' (not for the weak-minded or hearted)
and i've also started on 'Fate Stay Night' (though i am only on the prologue scene ATM)

also i don't know if it counts but, the school life sections in the 'persona' games also have a special place in my heart, some of the Social Links you make are incredible
Oreiora
Yeah, Katawa Shoujo is a really good one, just to clarify, you CAN turn off the ecchi scenes in options so technically it is suitable for the underaged teens.

Recently I started a random VN I found on A-S called Supplement Time, it revolves around a relationship between Hatsune Miku and a boy who finds her abandoned on the street.
NoHitter
/bump

Playing through School Days HQ.
So far all I've seen are videos... Is the story narrated through video or something?
Magicphoenix
Nah, I guess the alternative to the usual CG of a VN is explained through videos in School Days. Though I've never played the game and I don't plan to do so.

During the past week I cleared a few routes of Katawa Shoujo (anal & scars) + Kamidori (crayll OP unit) and now starting Muv-Luv Alternative lol
nomen
I'm playing Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, though my progress is rather slow. Oh and yes, it's my first VN.
Faust

nomen19 wrote:

I'm playing Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, though my progress is rather slow. Oh and yes, it's my first VN.
What an entry..

Enjoy.
Suzu_old_1
What I'm playing now:

- Monobeno <3 <3
- Shinsei ni Shite Okasubekarazu <3 <3 <3

What I will play after this two:

- Gurenka
- Shinigami no Testament
- Kamigakari Cross Heart!
- Sakura No Reply
Accelerator-kun
Playing:

Higurashi When They Cry
Corpse Party (if you want to count it as a more interactive visual novel)

Planning to play:

Higurashi When They Cry Matsuri
Higurashi When They Cry Kizuna
Umineko When They Cry
Steins;Gate
Mashiro-Iro Symphony
show more