forum

"(User) Is "Writting/Status" [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Antu Villegas
I think it'd be nice to have a "(User) is writting" in the chat =)

Or something like show his/her status right down the chat :P ("User" is AFK) - ("User" is playing) (I'm not sure of this because it is there D:)

I don't know, if someone could improve this idea it would be better _:

I didn't find something similar to this actually posted.
nintendoto
This would actually spam the chat with a bunch of actions. Push F9 and it will pop up a list of all the users online and what they're doing.
Topic Starter
Antu Villegas

nintendoto wrote:

This would actually spam the chat with a bunch of actions. Push F9 and it will pop up a list of all the users online and what they're doing.
Okay, but just the "(User) is writting"
nintendoto
And... where would you want it to show up? If you want osu! just to chat, use IRC.
ziin
I think he wants something like chat clients which tell you the status of the person you're talking with. I could only see this working on a private channel, and it would require a lot of work to get it working.
Guy-kun
One of the things I love is that osu! doesn't have this, I hate 'is typing...'

-20 from me
Kitsunemimi
Also, the server user tiles have reduced update rates already because they're causing too much load on the servers. Having this would just cause more server stress, so we can't have it. If anything, it would only work in PMs (and then in that cause it's pretty much useless). Plus, IRC chat doesn't have the "user is typing" messages itself, so I really don't think this will be implemented.

.... minus support from me too c:
Beuchi
The online player menu (F9) already shows the status of any player.

We already have chat commands (/me - /np) to show actions.

We even have a /away command to write a custom status if anyone PM's you while you're AFK.

Please, remember: osu! isn't MSN Messenger. PERIOD