forum

[Archived] I didn't play Osu for one day and now I suck at Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb
Problem Details: I did fine at Osu before but I went one day without playing it and now I can't play at all. I'm terrible now just from going one day without playing Osu. Please help, what should I do? I can barely get 50 combo on songs I was able to get 300-500 combo on before. Does anyone know what caused this? I haven't changed my settings or my setup at all. Please help me, I don't know what to do or why this happened. I want to be able to play again.

EDIT:Could this be because my hand may be bigger? I feel like my hand is larger based on the feel of the grip on the mouse and it appears to be larger. I'm in 8th grade, so that may be possible. Would that possibly be causing this problem?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Warm up and play more, you will eventually get where you were before.
Bara-
Just play more, and never stop again
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

Bara- wrote:

Just play more, and never stop again
I literally can't play Osu every day since my parents are divorced and I go to my dad's house two to three days a week and the only computer he has is his personal work laptop. Also I noticed that my mouse grip feels really off which is likely a big part of the problem, I'm not sure what feels off about it though and I can't fix that, so if you know how to fix that, that would be greatly appreciated.
Bara-
Then you'll likely need to get used to it. Try using a different mouse (or maybe even a tablet) or keep trying different grips until you get the "Original feel" back
Joukai Zachelon
Even if you can't play everyday that is not necessary unless you want to become some supreme overlord or stuff, you'll just need more time untill you're comfy again.
Also don't get into a mental block! Whatever you did before, you can (and will) do it again
mizuki-chan

Joukai Zachelon wrote:

Even if you can't play everyday that is not necessary unless you want to become some supreme overlord or stuff, you'll just need more time untill you're comfy again.
Also don't get into a mental block! Whatever you did before, you can (and will) do it again
This says everything. you probably just had a bad day maybe ^^
Topic Starter
edgelordweeb

mizuki-chan wrote:

Joukai Zachelon wrote:

This says everything. you probably just had a bad day maybe ^^
I just had to go two days without playing osu at all and i just tried and my mouse grip feels extremely awkward and it's like i can't even control the cursor and I can't reach 100 combo on songs which I have gotten 500-600 combo on previously so it wasn't just one bad day
Sandy Hoey

edgelordweeb wrote:

EDIT:Could this be because my hand may be bigger? I feel like my hand is larger based on the feel of the grip on the mouse and it appears to be larger. I'm in 8th grade, so that may be possible. Would that possibly be causing this problem?
Yeah, i'm no doctor, but i'm pretty sure your hand didn't grow larger in one day. lol.

But for real though. Don't expect to be perfect everyday. Everyone has streaks, myself included. You'll get where you want to be eventually as long as you keep playing and having fun
AstralPhnx

Sandy Hoey wrote:

edgelordweeb wrote:

Yeah, i'm no doctor, but i'm pretty sure your hand didn't grow larger in one day. lol.
But for real though. Don't expect to be perfect everyday. Everyone has streaks, myself included. You'll get where you want to be eventually as long as you keep playing and having fun

This this 100% this. Osu is a video game, video games are about having fun. You should just try to have fun instead of worrying that you are getting worse.
Bara-
Everyone has their peaks. But also their bad days, sometimes even bad weeks
Don't let it discourage you