forum

[Archived] Osu scrolling up in the song select screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frannei
Problem Details:

As soon as I go into the song select screen, osu starts to scroll up forever. I had this issue for a long time now, but until the last update the issue were fixed by simply restarting osu! I have tried plugging out my keyboard and mice, but I could not find a way to fix it. :cry:

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Pawsu
So did messing with your keyboard stop it? It should have unless skmething is really screwed up. Take a read here: t/299015
Topic Starter
Frannei
Nope, I can't stop osu from scrolling up. Maybe I am just a retard, but even the key combinations the thread is suggesting does not fix the issue.
memecena
is it just osu it cold be with your mouse :shock:
Topic Starter
Frannei
I unplugged my mouse and restarted osu, but it kept scrolling up. I tried the same with my keyboard and tablet, but it does not fix it.
non one c
I can scroll up with the stick of my controller.
Do you have any plugged or is any programm running that emulates controller?
Had this problem back in the days with another game so that can be the issue.
TheVileOne
Using a joystick used to cause this kind of behaviour and not sure if it still does. Maybe you have something being detected as a joystick or something of that sort. Song select doesn't scroll unless it receive input from something.
Kurome-chan
It actually does happen on my osu! too. I still don't know either what caused it.

Right now I'm looking at other threads that might give a solution in this bug.

I saw a thread with a similar case to this one http://new.ppy.sh/forum/t/458190
Topic Starter
Frannei
Okay, after I restarted my PC today all of a sudden the scrolling is gone. However it started again after I ALT+Tabbed out and in, but this time a restart of osu does fix the problem. :?: I unplugged my controller, but that does not make a difference and osu keeps scrolling. So i do not know what is causing the issue. Now the issue appears random and sometimes even without hitting any button on any input device. I hope a simple restart does do it in the future.
Anyway thank you guys :)
Kurome-chan
I think this happens when u opened another software or some third-party app popped up while osu! is running.

I wish they'd fix this soon cuz this bug really annoying.
Topic Starter
Frannei
Ye it is really annoying and nothing seems to help. Maybe I am dumb and do something terribly wrong, but it seems like it is a bug :cry:
TheVileOne
What kind of program? If you know of any freeware to test with, I could try to replicate.; Although I'm not sure if there would be anything that can be done about it. Basically song select only moves if it receives input and every frame it updates the input directly from keyboard / input devices. If the input device is giving signals when it shouldn't, that's an issue with that devices hardware / software.

It very well could be a joystick related issue. You said you had a controller. If it's unplugged when you start osu, does the problem go away? Unplugging it probably wont do anything if the software is stuck registering input regardless of the state of the controller.
Topic Starter
Frannei
For me it does not make a difference I unplugged my controller and osu keeps scrolling upwards.
TheVileOne
I just tested and unplugging keyboard while having a key pressed triggers this behaviour.
Topic Starter
Frannei
The volume control is also effected by this, but i did not have a problem with the volume control, so this is another issue. Only my song select screen is effected by this, however the issue did not appear for like 2 days. I do not know what triggers this issue.
VeilStar
Sounds like your up arrow key or scroll wheel, or a key on any input device that can make the song selection scroll up got virtually stuck for some reason. When it happens again try pressing any key/button/stick that can do this and see if pressing any of them makes it stop doing that. Not much you can do to figure it out untill it happens again.
Topic Starter
Frannei
So, I had the issue 3 times in the last week, but I could not see a pattern or anything like that. The first time the issue appeared randomly when i was going through the song select screen by using the arrow keys on my keyboard (with my controller plugged in). The second time it appeared after I finished playing a beatmap and went back to the song select screen (with my controller plugged in). The third time it appeared under the same circumstances as the second time, but with my controller plugged out. The scrolling was fixed by restarting osu, so I don't really care about it. I just wanted to let you gyus know.