forum

[resolved] Taiko: moved up 5k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe
I was playing some taiko and I somehow moved up 5k, did osu delete some old account or something? :o

Lacrimosa
Similar thing t/458356
Can't really explain it. lol
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe
I went up from rank #27 or something to #17 in my country, so I looked up the leaderboards and it does seem like people are missing form before? :?
And I didn't get any significant pp, my pp was the same before and after, I only moved up 5K ranks...

Blun
You are not alone, I got the same problem today too. Saw some other people having this as well.
BirdyThePhoenix
This just happened to me as well. Was at 26k, then moved up to 14k
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe
I guess they removed some players from the leaderboards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4kunbi/big_ban_wave_in_taiko/
Sleepteiner
I heard that there was a big inactivity removal wave. I assume that a bunch of people who haven't played in a while got taken off of the leaderboards all at once.

This also happened in Catch the Beat, apparently.
Rivals_7
Same here....

I was afraid ppy will accuse me doing cheating :c
VeilStar

Sleepteiner wrote:

I heard that there was a big inactivity removal wave. I assume that a bunch of people who haven't played in a while got taken off of the leaderboards all at once.

This also happened in Catch the Beat, apparently.
That's about right. People that haven't played Taiko/CTB for several months but are active on other gamemodes were still included in the taiko/ctb rankings until this happened, their profile/stats for taiko/ctb got switched to inactive (untill they play the mode again of course), meaning that many people moved up a bunch of ranks from seemingly out of nowhere. Marking this resolved.