forum

A trick to help you stream :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Better Half
I was in class bored one day, naturally I daydreamed about my lackluster streaming abilities (I can't do it consistently nor quickly). And so I started tapping on my desk. I did that for like an hour or an hour and a half straight. Straight tapping. All I did was move my index and middle finger up and down just like how I would when I stream. I kept doing it until it hurt and my arm and fingers were sore, rested for a bit then started again. Surprisingly, it work, my fingers moved more freely after that exercise and i can control my stream much better. Note: I'm not sure if this will work actually work for everyone considering the only subject was myself, and I'm only #60,000 in rank :( Also I have no idea where I'm suppose to post this so sorry if I made a mess.
Frolski
Is it any different than streaming in game?
It isn't.

Just play the game.
Topic Starter
Better Half
I mean this helped me significantly. It's exercising and articulating your fingers without being pressured by the map. It stretched out my fingers because I was doing it for so long. But yea stream practice maps might give you similar results
Houtarou Oreki
This works even better if you use some kind of physical limitations
chainpullz

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

Tapping without a keyswitch is a physical limitation. I can clear streams upwards of 210bpm with decent accuracy on my blues but can't make through 4 minute 190 bpm song when simply tapping against the back of my ipod. Key switches provide much needed pushback which is the more stamina consuming portion of the streaming motion anyways. This is why players like Jesse1412 swear by blacks for high bpm deathstreams. The increased pushback far outweighs the increased resistance in terms off losses/benefits.

@Others memeposting or thinking about memeposting:

The point OP was trying to make is that this is something you can literally do anytime anywhere without a keyboard etc. Have enough time to completely tire yourself out doing finger stamina training in osu every day? Great. Not everyone can no life like that though. It a convenient way to get your stamina workout in on days where you don't have time. Say, during the commute to work and back, while on lunch break, or during any of those other short periods of the day where all you aren't doing anything productive anyways. This isn't a replacement for actually playing, it's a supplement for those who don't have the time to waste away with in-game stamina training day in and day out.
Yuudachi-kun
Sadly actual streaming has more to do with just tapping randomly.
Sup A Noob
It's just training finger stamina. Not really a trick.
StephOsu
just play more lol
ithgyu
people dont realise that this guy actually has a good point :(

Basically, you cant always be playing osu, but when you are bored you can still do some stuff to help build stamina, i sometimes do this when im catching public transport, just tap on my leg
Houtarou Oreki

chainpullz wrote:

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

Tapping without a keyswitch is a physical limitation.
I meant stronger limitations. Something like this:
Cipse

iLokk wrote:

And so I started tapping on my desk. I did that for like an hour or an hour and a half straight. Straight tapping... I kept doing it until it hurt and my arm and fingers were sore, rested for a bit then started again.
Don't make a habit of this. If you're going to do this, I'd rest for longer. Otherwise, you'll probably end up doing something weird to your left forearm muscles it's not fun, trust me
StephOsu

Cipse wrote:

You'll probably end up doing something weird to your left forearm muscles it's not fun, trust me
it's commonly as kappa carpal tunnel syndrome or RSI
just play more actually