forum

Taiko beatmap board [rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
aquabluu
I'd like to see a separate board made for Taiko Mod specific maps. It's not necessary if you think so, but it would be easier to look for Taiko maps and download them, rather then going to the ranked beatmaps page and searching all over.
peppy
I disagree with this philosophy. Beatmaps should be playable in both modes. I do not want people to focus on one or the other, but work towards making maps playable on BOTH game styles. If you can't do this, then you will map both a taiko and osu! map separately, and force one to taiko-only mode using the advanced setting. Maps with such special difficulties included may get an icon at a later stage.

We can discuss this further at the meeting... the future of osu! and how prominent taiko has to become. Please don't forget that for the moment it is a mod, and in my eyes was only supposed to be an extra *automatic* mode based on already mapped beatmaps. I understand some of you have different views on this so we need to discuss further.
Topic Starter
aquabluu

peppy wrote:

I disagree with this philosophy. Beatmaps should be playable in both modes. I do not want people to focus on one or the other, but work towards making maps playable on BOTH game styles. If you can't do this, then you will map both a taiko and osu! map separately, and force one to taiko-only mode using the advanced setting. Maps with such special difficulties included may get an icon at a later stage.
Fair enough for me, I guess. As long as they're easier to find, I'm cool