forum

'2 Keys' & Resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]
I am wondering how people change their screen resolution, and can you use 2 key's for playing? and what is it?! I want to use 2 keys but don't have an idea if you 'Need' a Mechanical keyboard or not. Or if you can just purchase a 2 key thing and use that. Why do people change their screen resolution and do they do it just for osu? and why do they change the osu resolution when they have already changed their screen res? thanks.
Hiro-Senpai
Hold on bud, not so fast. You probably wrote this faster than sanic
Screen resolution in osu? I think you mean that players are playing windowed mode with smaller resolution.
The purpose of it is to make the distance between circles smaller. It's pretty handy if you are playing on a small area on your tablet
or you dont have much space to move your mouse (the downside is that circles are much smaller than on fullscreen mode)

And playing with two keys is like a normal play. People tap usually z and x. It helps with streams and overall tapping on difficult and fast maps. but this is just a prefference and its up to you

Mechanical keyboard is just a prefference but it helps with stamina of your fingers. Mechanical keyboards require smaller force to push them down which helps at osu and u can tap faster and longer.

2 key thingy is the same as mechanical keyboard keys. And its designed only for osu (basically to normal keyboard keys) Takes less space if you dont have enough space for your keyboard to play in a comfortable way

I hope i helped (i am so bad in explainin stuff) ;P

If you want further explanation pm me.
DeathHydra
Yes you can use 2 keys. You can use up to 4 keys actually. Mouse left-click (M1), Mouse right-clilck (M2), Z key (K1), and X key (K2).

The Z and X are the default keys. You can change it in options>change keyboard bindings.
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

DeathAdderz wrote:

Yes you can use 2 keys. You can use up to 4 keys actually. Mouse left-click (M1), Mouse right-clilck (M2), Z key (K1), and X key (K2).

The Z and X are the default keys. You can change it in options>change keyboard bindings.
I use the keys D & F for my play. i'm wondering in what case would people use both keys? when I play (Standard osu!) I'm only using the D key, I've watched streams like Cookiezi and he uses both keys for streams and such.
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Hold on bud, not so fast. You probably wrote this faster than sanic
Screen resolution in osu? I think you mean that players are playing windowed mode with smaller resolution.
The purpose of it is to make the distance between circles smaller. It's pretty handy if you are playing on a small area on your tablet
or you dont have much space to move your mouse (the downside is that circles are much smaller than on fullscreen mode)

And playing with two keys is like a normal play. People tap usually z and x. It helps with streams and overall tapping on difficult and fast maps. but this is just a prefference and its up to you

Mechanical keyboard is just a prefference but it helps with stamina of your fingers. Mechanical keyboards require smaller force to push them down which helps at osu and u can tap faster and longer.

2 key thingy is the same as mechanical keyboard keys. And its designed only for osu (basically to normal keyboard keys) Takes less space if you dont have enough space for your keyboard to play in a comfortable way

I hope i helped (i am so bad in explainin stuff) ;P

If you want further explanation pm me.
Thanks for the explanation on the screen res, I think I've got that figured out now, just some practice will do the trick. :p I'm wondering if full area on tablet is a good idea for 1366x768 on osu? And what tablet is recommended? I have a cheap one but I put too much pressure on my pen and the tip is wearing out and the tablet has scratches on it so might consider making a purchase for a more osu efficient one
DeathHydra

Keiurea wrote:

I use the keys D & F for my play. i'm wondering in what case would people use both keys? when I play (Standard osu!) I'm only using the D key, I've watched streams like Cookiezi and he uses both keys for streams and such.
Yeah usually for streams, especially the fast one that is literally impossible to clear with just 1 key. Maybe you just haven't met streams yet. You will see them a lot in >4 stars maps
Hiro-Senpai
1366? heck yeah, it's up to you how big of tablet area you want to use. Actually it's better for some people to leave the full area on and just scale down the osu window. That way the speed of your osu pointer is the same but the distance is shorter between circles so you dont have to move your hand too much.
And having a small area on your tablet makes it harder to hit precisely (i am playing with a kinda small area on my tablet and i can tell u it took time to get used to it)

Well actually almost any tablet will do and u have Huion tablet from what i see but i dont know the specified model
From what i remember the really good ones are Wacom tablets from intuos family. CTL 470 and CTL 480 are the best right now i think
But there is also a really good huion tablet which u can actually purchase from osu! store. Osu! store has like an osu version of this tablet
But the downside is that the pen has batteries and weights more than Wacom tablets pens.(Wacom pens dont require batteries)

I am playing on a really old wacom bamboo fun pen and touch. I got it AGES ago and i want to change it aswell but it can wait its still good for osu xP
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

DeathAdderz wrote:

Keiurea wrote:

Yeah usually for streams, especially the fast one that is literally impossible to clear with just 1 key. Maybe you just haven't met streams yet. You will see them a lot in >4 stars maps
Do you know a thread or how to set up using 2 keys for 4> streams? thanks
Hiro-Senpai
Uhmm you just pick what keys you want there is no advanced setting up, you just set up the controls
by default its zx
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Uhmm you just pick what keys you want there is no advanced setting up, you just set up the controls
by default its zx
Do you know any maps that are good for practicing streaming?
Sup A Noob
You have only about 30 hours of play. I highly recommend you to enjoy the game and don't mind the small details first.
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

Sup A Noob wrote:

You have only about 30 hours of play. I highly recommend you to enjoy the game and don't mind the small details first.
Everyone has different ways to enjoy the game this is my way.
Sandy Hoey
I actually use the K & L keys so that I can shift my keyboard over to the left and put my mouse pad more towards the center since I tend to shift that direction when I play anyways
Sup A Noob

Keiurea wrote:

Sup A Noob wrote:

Everyone has different ways to enjoy the game this is my way.
Yeah sure, not stopping you.
Topic Starter
[ Kei ]

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I actually use the K & L keys so that I can shift my keyboard over to the left and put my mouse pad more towards the center since I tend to shift that direction when I play anyways

Thanks! I have quite a small desk and absolutely no space for my tablet so I should think about re configuring my keys so its easier to play, but the goddamn cables, they are everywhere!