forum

Weeaboo subforum in Off-Topic [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Touhou threads, VN threads, anime threads, Vocaloid threads, doujin threads.
This stuff gets posted in OT and GD all the time, and there's obviously enough weeaboo osu!ers to keep shit active.
Plus, Off-Topic looks stupid with only one subforum.
Kitsunemimi
No, we d--

Eh.. uhm, yeah it would look nicer if it actually had more than one subforum. Support I guess.
Pokebis
+support
galvenize
I actually lol'd at the idea.

But yea, you got my support.
qlum
+1
Ekaru
If it means I would have to witness less loli fetishes, then sure!
IppE
I'm ok with this.
OzzyOzrock
POMF~
Xgor
Wouldn't it make more sense to make a whole Weeaboo forum.

Anyways support.
dkun

Ekaru wrote:

If it means I would have to witness less loli fetishes, then sure!
+support
Ph0X
RIP Weeaboo Anthology
Luneko
support ;D
kvnyaoi
+support on calling it "Weeaboo" if created.
Wassaaaa
+support :3
Cyclohexane
I agree.

Support.
Jarby

Neo@lex wrote:

This stuff gets posted in OT and GD all the time

WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE RELATED THREADS
Kitsunemimi

Jarby wrote:

Neo@lex wrote:

This stuff gets posted in OT and GD all the time
WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE RELATED THREADS
My thoughts exactly. But who cares, it would look cool o3o
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
I was referring to stuff like the OreImo PSP scans topic, which was hastily moved to OT.
Also the buyfag topic, the table topic and the frickin' general youtube thread have a lot of weeaboo content that would look more tidy in a seperate forum.
RemmyX25
Youtube thread isnt only for weeaboo crap
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Yet it still gets stuff that only appeals to users who have watched a certain anime or like a specific Touwhore.
Zetta
One of the only feature requests which has all support.
Fabi
This is sad :/
Derekku

IppE602 wrote:

I'm ok with this.
Video games have their own forum, so I don't see why a popular "genre" such as anime can't have it's own section (especially if it would just be a sub-forum of OT).
Haneii
But why must it be in OT? Anime/Manga discussions and reviews, games, RPG, Convention/cosplay talk .... all in OT? :(

Xgor wrote:

Topic Starter
Neo@lex
OT gets the shit kicked into her all the time, and no one likes her even though she always tries her best. What she really needs is a friend who shares some interests and isn't exclusively devoted to one kind of thread like FG.
Lunah_old
Anime sub-forum .. a wish. D:
qlum
the only reason I want this is to kick the weeaboo stuff out of the rest of the site

though there should also be an japanophobe subforum
FurukawaPan
Anime/Manga subforum, ok, I can see that... and reasonably support.

Weeaboo forum, WTF!?! no support. Topics should NOT be banned from the entire site simply for being somehow anime/manga/touhou/other wise Japanese related. What the hell guys.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
That's not the point. It'd be for stuff like anime, manga and Japanese/otaku culture.
It sure as hell wouldn't make make the other forums any less weeaboo, especially the actual osu-related forums.
Behon
Weeaboo has practically ruined osu! for me at this point. This won't fix all the Touhou, Vocaloid and Nightcore shit cluttering beatmaps, it would at least make the forums more tolerable.
awp

Xgor wrote:

There is one being hosted at osu.ppy.sh/forum/

Touhou threads should be in the Video Games section, Visual Novel threads should be in the analog entertainment subforum (which doesn't exist and wouldn't get used very much were it to) and anime discussion, well, we don't have a TV/Movies section either because it's fine in General Discussion I guess

On the other hand, despite the fact that it isn't necessary, there certainly isn't any harm in it, until everyone starts asking for their own flavour of subforum
awp
also I love how neo@lex speaks of OT as if she is his child

it is admirable
Mogsy

Behonkiss wrote:

Weeaboo has practically ruined osu! for me at this point. This won't fix all the Touhou, Vocaloid and Nightcore shit cluttering beatmaps, it would at least make the forums more tolerable.
Not necessarily the point of this. People map what they like. osu! attracts a lot of people who happen to like Touhou, Vocaloid, and Nightcore. Just don't play those maps if you don't enjoy them. But this isn't even the topic at hand, so it's not necessary to discuss.

I'd also like to see this, though. +support
Nekoroll
I also support this.

I think a place dedicated to discussing Japanese-related topics would help open the community up more. Every time I hop into a thread posted in OT, my first impressions are that "this thread will be a joke". Due to this feeling, I'm usually discouraged from starting any threads in OT and I wouldn't doubt that others share this feeling as well.

:P I mean, the majority of osu! users seem to be those who share the same interests. Why not create a place for them to indulge in their nerdy pleasures? General Discussion is too general and OT is too... off topic.
Faust

Nekoroll wrote:

General Discussion is too general and OT is too... off topic.
I laughed.

Support this, by the way. Why not?
Guy-kun
POMF =3
Larto
Hooray!
RemmyX25