forum

An idea for a osu universal controller

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mojanovic
first of all before i start i want to say im sorry for my bad english not my main language , and sorry for the paint drawing its just an rough idea

now , ok , so i just got an idea for an osu universal controller or ouc or ouch ( pretend that there is a word for h its just sounds cool still thinking off the name) . Didnt have the time to write it down , hope i dont forget anything

its a device that consists of 4 parts or sectors , 1 tablet + pen holder , 1 osu , ctb , taiko controller or joystick , and 2 osu!mania joysticks( call them what ever you want )

>.>

if my any case the pictures dont work , heres the links http://postimg.org/image/fv41lxb41/ http://postimg.org/image/4vwmfjou9/
THE OCT ON THE PICTURE WHERE ITS 1 DEVICE WAS MEANT TO BE REVERSED I MESSED THAT UP

so the idea is that the devices can be all together like one device or detach and used as 1 or detach and combine and be used as more devices together

the tablet - its the usual graphical tablet
+ pen holder - name said it all ( ignore the rechargable part its just my imagination , i was bored ok )

the oct (osu ctb taiko controller) - its a controller for osu , ctb , and taiko , the osu one uses the left and right for y and x , the ctb part uses the 2 keys on the right for moving left and right and its uses one of the 4 buttons for dash , the taiko mode uses the 4 keys as buttons . This device also has 3 buttons that are options for mods , osu button switches to your osu settings , ctb to ctb settings and taiko to taiko settings . I was planning for all the buttons on it to be programmable ( meaning u could chose which one u want to use ).

the osu!mania joystick (OMJ) - is a device with 11 buttons on one side and 11 on the other joystick , it can be detached into two controllers . The 9 buttons are for up to 9k the other 2 are for increasing and decreasing speed

combining

the tablet + oct - oct can be connected to the tablet and then the pc or both can separately be connected to the pc ( ensuring the faster responce time )

oct alone - osu , ctb , taiko mods , connected directly to the pc

1 OMJ - one person can play mania , connected directly to the pc

Both OMJ - co-op , can ove connected , can be connected to each other and then the pc or both can separately be connected to the pc

(a lame idea for connecting them , this needs a lot more thinking over the drawing was just done fast while typing this text )

link http://postimg.org/image/yynt2hh8h/

the OMJ part and the tablet part should look something like that , or we could reverse the by making the mania past has the bulge(? i dont know how to call it ) and because the tablet part is bigger it will remain stable . same for oct . the omj part should have something to keep it stable like things you pull out under the keyboard (dont know the names )

the ports are ports if they werent ports they wouldnt be called ports .

the cost of making one should be around 50 - 80 dollars (pure speculation ) , and it could be sold for 100-150 . Keep in mind to buy a tablet+ mechanical keyboard you need like 200 dollars ( again speculation i have no idea , dont own the tablet nor mecha keyboard)

dont know what else to write ( might have forgotten some things ) , please discuss this idea if you find it interesting .
The Gambler
I only have one for mania...

You still would need a separate pointer device, be it mouse or tablet (for flexibility of choice). But this should cover most of what players need for all game modes

- 8 general-purpose buttons and rebound to any keyboard binding of choice
- A scratch pad for middle-row mania and other scroll-based functions
roshan117
I might be able to make something with an old keyboard, makeymakey, and some saughtering
Chirimu
Ever heard about teensy, a microcontroller based on an arduino board? Will be a great help, because it has Analog and Digital inputs/outputs for switches or other stuff and can make them mappable as pnp input device for pc. Already did that for an train simulation software (~20 buttons, 4 analog inputs) and everything was working fine and was easy to bind to keyboard controlls or Gamepad input without installing drivers. The only difficult part is the soldering if you're not used to it..
Topic Starter
Mojanovic
Topic Starter
Mojanovic

The Gambler wrote:

I only have one for mania...

You still would need a separate pointer device, be it mouse or tablet (for flexibility of choice). But this should cover most of what players need for all game modes

- 8 general-purpose buttons and rebound to any keyboard binding of choice
- A scratch pad for middle-row mania and other scroll-based functions
i was thinking of making 1 part for all modes but tablet ,but i also wanted to add the old ways ( by old timer i mean sitting with a friend next to you and playing with him like they did with nintendo games , wich sometimes gives you a whole new level of fun ).
hmm i guess it might be better for it to be 1 part >.> i have no idea , i kind of liked my design
because if u have 2 pc's and someone else wants to play mania and you play all other modes he can use that , but that was just an idea
The Gambler
osu! doesn't support split-screen -> Fail

And you probably should have a second one instead..
Drafura
What if you need to talk on the chat ?
AncuL
man you will never want all the keys to be in the same row for mania (especially for 5, 7, 8 and 9k) because most people uses thumb
Topic Starter
Mojanovic

The Gambler wrote:

osu! doesn't support split-screen -> Fail

And you probably should have a second one instead..
2pc , so you dont have to buy 2 , if you have 2 pc's in the same house e.e
Topic Starter
Mojanovic

AncuL wrote:

man you will never want all the keys to be in the same row for mania (especially for 5, 7, 8 and 9k) because most people uses thumb
it was just an rough idea , but ty i didnt know that
The Gambler

AncuL wrote:

Again, I've never played much mania. I've only eyeballed what I think a mania controller would look like. I thought the scratch disk was good enough for a spacebar