forum

Prevent moving while in play [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
Been requested several times, but it is not uncommon for Peppy to ignore me on IRC.

Prevent any notes from being able to be moved on the timeline while the editor is in play mode.

Why? So that you can add sounds, edit combos, etc without accidentally dragging the notes on the timeline.

This only applies if you actually use the timeline for such, which I do, and if I recall, Echo does too. At lower BPMs when the timeline moves slower while playing it's fine, but as the BPM increases, so does the odds of notes getting dragged instead of selected.

Again, timeline. Not to be confused with gamefield.
peppy
I can possibly make a lock notes toggle for this. Personally I sometimes move notes using the timeline while the song is playing - so I don't want to rule out this possibility too.
awp
I'd use this too, actually. Even moreso if you could lock the ones on the playfield while you're at it.
Rolled

awp wrote:

I'd use this too, actually. Even moreso if you could lock the ones on the playfield while you're at it.
seconded. (thirded?)
peppy
Added a lock mode (toggled with 'L') which locks movement of timing and position (playfield and timeline).