forum

I'm just here for the good rock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ongames
Not going to be super descriptive or anything like that, but just posting a quick hello. I usually lurk reddit and just decided to post here of why I play this game.

I don't like anime or whatnot, but I like music. And not any rap, hip hop or electronic music. Rock (Blink-182) and hardcore-esque music, like Sleeping With Sirens that I'm sure most of you have played the new beatmap of "If You Can't Hang". Anyways, there's not a whole lot of music I enjoy around here and hence why I'm writing this introduction.

There's a few Pierce The Veil songs mapped, but they have a new album coming up and so does Blink with a single just recently out. I don't see anyone mapping any of these sometime soon, especially considering there's only 1 damn Blink song mapped despite their popularity. I'm thinking about changing this.

I just started trying to map this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOliSRmvl7k song. I've seen timing is the hardest part of mapping, but I already have that down and I'm good to go for mapping. If anyone has any resources to physically mapping, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the circles and sliders around where I want them to go.

If anyone is also interested in helping me get a bit more rock music out here in the osu! community, I plan on mapping the new Blink song "Bored To Death", so if anyone would like to help with, it would be great. When I get familiar with mapping, I'll be doing a lot of rock songs and if you'd like to see one done in specific, let me know.

Thanks, and hope there's someone else here who wants more rock too.
Bara-
Welcome! Good luck mapping. It is hard at first, but once you are used to the editor it's really fun ^_^
Annadine

Bara- wrote:

Welcome! Good luck mapping. It is hard at first, but once you are used to the editor it's really fun ^_^
SPOILER
16:07 < Fort> menurut hinsvar, bagaimana rasanya ngemap itu? 
16:07 < Hinsvar> :(
16:07 < Hinsvar> mapping is a happy thing
16:07 < Hinsvar> that makes me want to cut myself
16:07 < Fort> YAH!
16:07 < Hinsvar> -cRyo[iceeicee] (2015)
16:07 < Fort> :(
16:07 <+Lightning_Wyvern> very done hinsvar
16:08 < [-R1]> best quote
16:08 <+lit120> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
16:08 < Fort> well
16:08 < Hinsvar> ;))
:'D

Aanyways, welcome to the forums!
And yap, timing is quite tricky. One tip: try to play it with 25% speed >.>
Enjoy osh!~
oil
you'll start be open to all music if you start enjoying osu! for what it is
Rurree
I hope you become good at mapping because I sure do want more Western songs than all these Japanese songs. I think it's because of this game that I've grown sick of them.
I also love blink-182 and PTV, not SWS though. I listened to "Bored to Death" yesterday and it was nice, looks like Matt Skiba is a perfect replacement for Tom.

Also, welcome to the forums!
Topic Starter
ongames

Rurree wrote:

I hope you become good at mapping because I sure do want more Western songs than all these Japanese songs. I think it's because of this game that I've grown sick of them.
I also love blink-182 and PTV, not SWS though. I listened to "Bored to Death" yesterday and it was nice, looks like Matt Skiba is a perfect replacement for Tom.

Honestly, your reply is just gonna motivate me further. I'm already past timing the map (hardest part), and knowing someone else besides myself wants Blink and PTV songs is great.
Rurree

ongames wrote:

Rurree wrote:

Honestly, your reply is just gonna motivate me further. I'm already past timing the map (hardest part), and knowing someone else besides myself wants Blink and PTV songs is great.
Glad to hear that! My favorite songs of Blink actually are I Miss You, Dumpweed, Asthenia, Not Now, and Always. While for PTV it's The Boy Who Could Fly, Tangled In The Great Escape, Besitos, Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides, She Sings In The Morning and Hold On Till May.

Lowkey hoping you map one of these songs lol.
Topic Starter
ongames

Rurree wrote:

ongames wrote:

Rurree wrote:

Glad to hear that! My favorite songs of Blink actually are I Miss You, Dumpweed, Asthenia, Not Now, and Always. While for PTV it's The Boy Who Could Fly, Tangled In The Great Escape, Besitos, Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides, She Sings In The Morning and Hold On Till May.
Lowkey hoping you map one of these songs lol.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/425053