forum

custom AudioLeadIn time per user

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
melbrian10
I'm sorry if this is posted before

I think it would be necessary if every game there is a maybe 5 secs before the song start for the adjustment of the speed because the speed differs in different beatmaps so sometimes some players tend to be shocked when the speed is too fast or tend to miss sometimes while adjusting the speed.

thank you :)
Redon
abraker
I think the extra 5 seconds is actually a good idea. Imagine waiting in multiplayer for 3 or more min waiting for everyone to download the map and you decide to make tea really quick and suddenly the map starts. Or you need adjust volume because you disabled sound effects or lowered music, etc. Some maps start too soon to change some settings or get ready, so the extra 5 seconds would be nice.
Bara-
I think it's currently a flaw in the ranking criteria for AudioLeadIn. Afaik, there are no rules, just guidelines, for having 2000ms 'free time' at least before a song starts. If this can be madr into an user's option, it would solve the problem, as mapper don't need to worry about it. I like this!
Seijiro
Afaik, osu adds those 2000ms of audioLeadIn if there is no other value specified into the .osu file (at least it was like that when I tried playing around with the editor a couple of months ago, maybe I just got a positive result accidentally, but idk).

Since audioLeadIn is already a thing, I guess what you're asking here is to increase that value, right?
While I do agree it may be useful, the options provided above look more than enough imo...
Bara-
I think a better request name would be "Custom AudioLeadIn per user"
abraker

Bara- wrote:

I think a better request name would be "Custom AudioLeadIn per user"
There has to be a limit or it would not work for multi
Topic Starter
melbrian10
is there a way i can rename these post? HAHAHAH
Topic Starter
melbrian10
I actually didn't expect that users will reply on this post HAHAHA!
for me sometimes whenever i play multiplayer there are circumstances when the song is too slow/too fast even though i adjusted the speed and the notes will suddenly just come right down and causes me misses throughout the game. I'm thankful that I'm not the only one HAHAHAHA
abraker

melbrian10 wrote:

is there a way i can rename these post? HAHAHAH
Edit the first post