forum

Kozoro - Something More (Original Mix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zenithlight
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, May 09, 2016 at 4:25:32 PM

Artist: Kozoro
Title: Something More (Original Mix)
Tags: edm chill drum slow
BPM: 170
Filesize: 4992kb
Play Time: 02:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Daydreamer (2.46 stars, 200 notes)
Download: Kozoro - Something More (Original Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
(5/3/16) New new new MP3, please re-re-redownload! [Daydreamer] complete!
(5/4/16) Applied AlienGo's mod. Adjusted OD to 6.5. Improved timing. Other small changes.
(5/5/16) Fixed some new combo errors and object placements.
(5/6/16) Applied Zeverall's mod.

Song by Kozoro: https://soundcloud.com/kozoromusic
Background by NanoMortis: http://nanomortis.deviantart.com/
AlienGo
Hello! Here's a pretty newb mod hope its helpful :3

Daydreaming
Assuming this is going to be an easy level map perhaps a lower AR would be suited. Seeing as it's quite slow and it's not too complicated a slower AR would make it easier to read.

00:18:736 (4) - NC?

00:24:030 (3,4,5) - spacing of these in comparison to the notes before and after these three is inconsistent (the jump is okay at the end if you're adding a bit of difficulty, but maybe try and space it either closer or further away from the slider before)

00:38:147 (7) - flip this horizontally? (ctrl H) looks better as the curve hugs the next slider. position was fine.

00:43:795 (7) - personally it seems to be pointing nowhere. Not a major issue but perhaps maybe reversing the slider so the end and start point is switched? would point to the next note more naturally.

00:45:206 (1) - did you intentionally have the tail of the slider overlap? if not try and make it not :)

00:48:030 (1) - don't think you need a NC

00:53:324 (3,1) - hard to tell the timing from the spacing, widen the gap a little more? or shorten it

00:54:736 (3,4) - ^

01:00:736 (4) - reverse this slider? would make it so it points inwards nicely with the notes before and flows well to the next slider.

01:07:795 - Kiai time?

01:10:530 (3,4) - just one instance but with all these doublets please space them differently to the notes following. its quite hard to read, especially for an easy level.
That's all for now i think. Hope this helps :)
Topic Starter
zenithlight

AlienGo wrote:

Hello! Here's a pretty newb mod hope its helpful :3

Daydreaming
Assuming this is going to be an easy level map perhaps a lower AR would be suited. Seeing as it's quite slow and it's not too complicated a slower AR would make it easier to read. I think the AR is suitable for the 2nd half of the map and the few testers I have didn't seem to struggle with it. But I might change it if I see people having trouble with it or more people point this out.

00:18:736 (4) - NC? I left it alone because it's part of the same piano phrase, and rather NC the next note to signify a change in instrument :P

00:24:030 (3,4,5) - spacing of these in comparison to the notes before and after these three is inconsistent (the jump is okay at the end if you're adding a bit of difficulty, but maybe try and space it either closer or further away from the slider before) Put it farther apart.

00:38:147 (7) - flip this horizontally? (ctrl H) looks better as the curve hugs the next slider. position was fine. Nice :D changed!

00:43:795 (7) - personally it seems to be pointing nowhere. Not a major issue but perhaps maybe reversing the slider so the end and start point is switched? would point to the next note more naturally. Don't really know what you mean by that.. I don't think it would help to reverse it

00:45:206 (1) - did you intentionally have the tail of the slider overlap? if not try and make it not :) Made it look nicer.

00:48:030 (1) - don't think you need a NC Redid the NC of the whole map. Hopefully it's more consistent now.

00:53:324 (3,1) - hard to tell the timing from the spacing, widen the gap a little more? or shorten it Increased the spacing.

00:54:736 (3,4) - ^ Increased the spacing.

01:00:736 (4) - reverse this slider? would make it so it points inwards nicely with the notes before and flows well to the next slider. Done.

01:07:795 - Kiai time? I don't think it fits with the song.

01:10:530 (3,4) - just one instance but with all these doublets please space them differently to the notes following. its quite hard to read, especially for an easy level. I think players can understand this after seeing it once or twice.
That's all for now i think. Hope this helps :)
Thanks for the mod! :D
zev
Daydreamer
Hello Zenith,you already know this mod is my first m4m i gues
now regarding your map

I guess this is a normal diff? or a very light hard diff?

00:14:146 It won't affect your map at all gameplay wise but the bpm doesn't start there
00:16:969 (4) - have you considered mapping to this piano note? it lands on a beat and the volume increases when it lands i feel like i am missing a long slow slider

00:15:204 (1,2,3) - i feel like the hitsound are too loud?

00:22:616 (1) - the sliderslide sounds a bit obnoxious as well, bothering me tbh :cry:

00:28:263 (1) -
01:11:322 (2) -
01:24:028 (4) -
These sliders have invincible corners its better to have that corner visible Becauuuuuuse Maybeee noobs can't tell theres one

00:45:204 (1) - I found this slider not really emphasizing with the chorus you can try lowering the sound of that slider to the same volume of the chorus or somth. :( :?
00:45:204 (1) - I think you can do better then that look at those slider points lmao

01:57:204 (3) - this is unsupported by the flow of the cursor so it needs to either distance spaced or the note before be changed its either way not a good circle.

01:44:410 (6,7,1) -
01:38:763 (6,7,1) -
01:16:175 (3,4,1) -
01:10:528 (3,4,1) - i don't like the third circle's spacing of these combo's Because Maybeeeeeeeeee cowardssss might want to have visual feedback when that note is going to land. You should really do something :shock:

You might want to curve some sliders so the cursor flows feels nicer through the map and feels less awkward, its okay to have straight sliders but not too much cause
its better having a general smooth theme to the map it will play so much better :(

02:00:028 (4) - overlap :(

02:26:846 (1) - this spinner volume's needs to be fading away like this song https://osu.ppy.sh/s/148814 i suggest ending the slider at 02:23:025 (1) - or maybe on the white tick after 2:23:025 I think you'll know better when its ends when you have the volume fading away

That's for now i hope you got something useful out of this mod, good luck if you got any questions ask me ingame i'm happy to help ;)
Topic Starter
zenithlight

Zeverall wrote:

Daydreamer
Hello Zenith,you already know this mod is my first m4m i gues
now regarding your map

I guess this is a normal diff? or a very light hard diff? Something like that LOL. I'm planning to get a normal GD so I guess this is really more of a hard.

00:14:146 It won't affect your map at all gameplay wise but the bpm doesn't start there Moved the timing point earlier.
00:16:969 (4) - have you considered mapping to this piano note? it lands on a beat and the volume increases when it lands i feel like i am missing a long slow slider I tried to map it with a slider.

00:15:204 (1,2,3) - i feel like the hitsound are too loud? Well, for now, I decreased the hitsound volume. I was planning to work on the hitsounds more when I added the other diff.

00:22:616 (1) - the sliderslide sounds a bit obnoxious as well, bothering me tbh :cry:

00:28:263 (1) -
01:11:322 (2) -
01:24:028 (4) -
These sliders have invincible corners its better to have that corner visible Becauuuuuuse Maybeee noobs can't tell theres one I think a normal/hard players should be able to read that slider.

00:45:204 (1) - I found this slider not really emphasizing with the chorus you can try lowering the sound of that slider to the same volume of the chorus or somth. :( :? Did a general pass of the hitsound volume for this diff.
00:45:204 (1) - I think you can do better then that look at those slider points lmao I tried my best :cry:

01:57:204 (3) - this is unsupported by the flow of the cursor so it needs to either distance spaced or the note before be changed its either way not a good circle. I did ctrl-g for (6, 7). Did that help?

01:44:410 (6,7,1) -
01:38:763 (6,7,1) -
01:16:175 (3,4,1) -
01:10:528 (3,4,1) - i don't like the third circle's spacing of these combo's Because Maybeeeeeeeeee cowardssss might want to have visual feedback when that note is going to land. You should really do something :shock: I got enough feedback from players to feel confident this pattern is fine. I probably won't change that because it's the basis of the 2nd part of the beatmap.

You might want to curve some sliders so the cursor flows feels nicer through the map and feels less awkward, its okay to have straight sliders but not too much cause
its better having a general smooth theme to the map it will play so much better :( I'll try to make the shapes flow better, but I'm not 100% what you mean, still...

02:00:028 (4) - overlap :( Fixed to the best of my ability.

02:26:846 (1) - this spinner volume's needs to be fading away like this song https://osu.ppy.sh/s/148814 i suggest ending the slider at 02:23:025 (1) - or maybe on the white tick after 2:23:025 I think you'll know better when its ends when you have the volume fading away Added a fade out.

That's for now i hope you got something useful out of this mod, good luck if you got any questions ask me ingame i'm happy to help ;)
Thank you so much! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.