Best rpg games!!! any console

posted
Total Posts
217
show more
Rantai
Assuming you're not including PC games...

5. Dragon Age Origins
4. FFVIII
3. EO 1/2
2. Mass Effect 2
1. Valkyria Chronicles (Does that count? It is technically an rpg XD)

Edit: Because I have a bad memory
adam2046

Rantai wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles (Does that count? It is technically an rpg XD)
It's a strategy game with RPG and action elements.

Rantai wrote:

Assuming you're not including PC games...)
I'm pretty sure he means any platform when he says "any console".
Crimmi
1.) Chrono Trigger (SquareEnix's best game made for the SNES ever!!)
2.) Tales of Phantasia
3.) Secret of Mana
3.) E.V.O. Secret of Eden
4.) Final Fantasy XXIII
5.) Kingdom Hearts 2
awp
Shadow Hearts 2 was the best JRPG for the PS2. One of the best in general.

MAN FESTIVAL
Bestelle
Valkyria Chronicles
SMT: Persona 3
Star Ocean(either one,except Last Hope)
Chrono Trigger
Tales of Symphonia

Not in any specific order, just named out the ones from the top of my head. Don't like FF.

adam2046 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he means any platform when he says "any console".
Oh.

Golden Sun(I say this because some people don't consider handhelds "consoles")
Fire Emblem(the GBA ones)
Azure_Kite
I'm just gonna say this.

* The Pokemon Series
* Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep
* Valkyria Chronicles (Playing II now)
* Just about anything Shin Megami Tensei
Pokebis
I don't have favorites, but it seems nobody has pointed out the MOTHER series.
Now somebody has.
SushiMe
Personally i like the Tales series. :)
Bestelle

Pokebis wrote:

I don't have favorites, but it seems nobody has pointed out the MOTHER series.
Now somebody has.
And this is what happens when my memory is shit. Thanks for reminding, Pokebis.
Mogsy
  1. Pokemon series
  2. Shin Megami Tensei series (top marks of mine going to Devil Survivor)
  3. Mother series
  4. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (technically, I'd say the whole series, but eh, I'd include most of the expanded NIS universe)
  5. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  6. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
  7. Fire Emblem 7
  8. Final Fantasy IX
  9. Deus Ex


Only one Western RPG on my list, but eh. It's Deus Ex, how could I say no?
Gomo Psivarh
I love Golden Sun and Lufia 2 :)
Lilac
Etrian Odyssey series for the DS... ONE OF THE BEST JRPGs I have ever played.

...But I haven't played a lot so eh.
Rantai

Lilac wrote:

Etrian Odyssey series for the DS... ONE OF THE BEST JRPGs I have ever played.

...But I haven't played a lot so eh.
That's the one, I knew I was missing something.
Azure_Kite

Mogsworth wrote:

  1. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (technically, I'd say the whole series, but eh, I'd include most of the expanded NIS universe)
I am ashame. How the hell did I forget disgaea?
Jarby
I really enjoyed Grandia II despite it being pretty low-key and/or clearly flawed in many aspects. That's the only important game for me that I can remember that hasn't already been brought up in this thread. I should get around to playing the other games in the series.
Mogsy

Jarby wrote:

I really enjoyed Grandia II despite it being pretty low-key and/or clearly flawed in many aspects. That's the only important game for me that I can remember that hasn't already been brought up in this thread. I should get around to playing the other games in the series.
Grandia II is pretty much the only one that was worth it, IMO. The story was at its lowest in III, but it had pretty fun combat. I is just dated nowadays.
Sallad4ever
1. Chrono Cross (why did no one mention this :()
2. Persona series (P3 Fes is my fave)
3. Tales series (between Tales of destiny and Tales of symphonia)
Lilac
Apparently Persona is almost impossible to get here...

...What now, Mogsy?
adam2046

Lilac wrote:

Apparently Persona is almost impossible to get here...

...What now, Mogsy?
What.
Lilac
Oh you adam.

...Do you know where to get a copy?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply