forum

Beatmap-Packs and Skin's [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
psyclone
Hello there!

I'm new to this game and I have to say: It's harder to play than I thought, but it's a good alternative to StepMania (which I play too).
Anyways, the mainreason I post here, is to suggest some things regarding Beatmap-Packs and Skin's.

Regarding Beatmappacks:
The packs that I can download from this page, are kinda random! I found some Animethemed Beatmappacks, but there aren't much Beatmaps in them. What I try to say is, can't you pack them in specific categories, like Anime, Pop, Games etc. etc. . I know this would be alot of work, but well, it's just a suggestion, think about it.=)

Regarding Skins:
I saw the forumsection for Skins and it's kinda "unorganized". How about making a button for the Skins (like the Beatmapsbutton on the mainpage) ? So you can see all the skins at once, with pictures etc. etc. . And for the commenting, there's still the forumsection for the Skins!

Well, just 2 suggestions. It would be nice if you think about it.
The rest of the Osu! forums, page and game is nice. =) Good work there.=)

(btw.,sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language!)
(and I hope this is the right section for suggestions, if not, please move it^_^)
greetingz,
psyclone
Jarby

psyclone wrote:

Regarding Skins:
I saw the forumsection for Skins and it's kinda "unorganized". How about making a button for the Skins (like the Beatmapsbutton on the mainpage) ? So you can see all the skins at once, with pictures etc. etc. . And for the commenting, there's still the forumsection for the Skins!
Check the spoilerbox here.
ziin

psyclone wrote:

Regarding Beatmappacks:
The packs that I can download from this page, are kinda random!
1) it's easier to upload a list of newly ranked songs without organizing them
2) it's a pretty good way to expand your library to download extra songs you don't know about/have never heard before.
DeathxShinigami

ziin wrote:

psyclone wrote:

Regarding Beatmappacks:
The packs that I can download from this page, are kinda random!
1) it's easier to upload a list of newly ranked songs without organizing them
2) it's a pretty good way to expand your library to download extra songs you don't know about/have never heard before.
There are "other" themed packs, Just surprised no one has attempted to make anyways otherwise I'd eventually get to the point where I'd be making them...
Derekku
Seeing as how ~25% of all ranked maps are listed in the "Anime" genre, it would be a bit counter-intuitive to pack them separate from others.
Topic Starter
psyclone

Jarby wrote:

psyclone wrote:

Regarding Skins:
Check the spoilerbox here.

Ouch! Don't saw that.Sorry.^^
That's nice.=)

Derekku wrote:

Seeing as how ~25% of all ranked maps are listed in the "Anime" genre, it would be a bit counter-intuitive to pack them separate from others.
Yeah, you got a point there.
Well, I just discovered the Multiplayermode and figured, it's the best way to get new maps.^^
Derekku
You should just download maps at a slow pace, especially if you've just joined osu!. Just use the beatmap packs if you want larger quantities. :p
Topic Starter
psyclone

Derekku wrote:

You should just download maps at a slow pace, especially if you've just joined osu!. Just use the beatmap packs if you want larger quantities. :p

Hehe yeah, you're right.
You know, I played StepMania before (and I'm still playing it) and there are things a bit different. Larger packs, more specific packs etc..
I kinda got used to it.^^

Anyways, I got about 1000 Maps now for osu! and I'm satisfied..for now.:p

Thanks at all, for you answers.=) Great community, great game.=)

greetingz
psyclone