forum

[duplicate] Osu! Party Mode (Multiplayer/Singleplayer).

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
EvenHaugland
I have not thought this through 100%, but if this could somehow be implemented, me and my friends would play the game alot more. I find it to be a very fitting feature for Osu!, for reasons mentioned below.
It's a very open thought. It's basically a game mode/several game modes where you can make up the rules as you want them within specific game modes (a very social and customizable experience). So here are just some of my thoughts of what this mode could end up becoming (Party mode can either have one of these or all of these inside the party mode itself):
EDIT: This post is ideas of what a Party Mode could be. Ideas that I have mentioned are examples of what I'd like to see in a Party Mode, but also to provoke other ideas. The post is meant to start a discussion(!).

Marathon Mode
A multi- or singleplayer lobby where the general idea is to have a marathon (duh). You select songs from everything to specific ones, maximum and minimum difficulty, mods you want to have, etc.

"Mario (Osu!) Party"
Each player (4 max) select a character, preferably from already created characters withing the game (Like Maria, Pippi, Yuzu and Ryūta Ippongi). Then (as you probably saw coming) you all play on a board. Every mini game is a song (when everyone have made their turn). When you roll the dice to advance are you able to pick up items that can either benefit you or punish other players. For example; I somehow acquire an item. This item in particular can punish another player with HardRock. Later in the game I acquire another item that benefits me with Easy mod, or whatever else it could help me with.
Before the match starts are you able to select what game modes you want to include, what songs, difficulties (in general or for each and every game mode), etc.

"100 Mario Challange" (yup, there's alot of ideas revolving Mario, haha).
This one is alot like Marathon (should actually just be an option in Marathon mode, but whatever). Have something like Mario Maker has; 100 Mario Challenge. It doesn't have to be specifically 100. You make a party lobby, single- or multiplayer, select rules like how many lifes you want (this can either be with SD on and see how many songs you can complete in one run, or a specific ranking you need to get for every song to succeed), mods you want to include, specifically what songs you want (from for example a playlist you've made, or just random), how many stars from 1-10(+), etc. There are days I like to play with SD on just to see how far I can get on every other song, but if this could go on and on from song to song, without having to change manually, AND have the constant fear of losing all of my lifes, that'd just be fun as hell. Maybe implement specific achievments for this game mode. (after thinking about it, this suit more singplayer. As said, this is a very open thought).

All in all, I see an enormous potential in a Party Mode. It could include all of the modes I've mentioned, some of them or even none of them. I think it's really important that this should be its own thing, not inside Multiplayer (Have it placed inside the main menu. Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Party mode). For reasons like wanting to play alone, would be easier to differentiate and the reason it's practially its own thing. But that's just what I think, maybe it would work best to have it placed inside Multiplayer, I don't know.
I don't expect anything, but I at least tend to make you, the player (and potentially the developer(s)) see why this would be a great thing (in my opinion). So I'm corious to see what you guys think about this. Is this a great idea? Would it work? Do you have any other ideas that could fit Party Mode? I want to start a discussion about this.

-Dovahderp
Lacrimosa
It's great to hear new and original ideas. This sounds pretty fun, and I think it will motivate people to play more or to have fun more often, since many people might get bored of the already existed game modes. I support the idea!
Bara-
There is a huge request for party mode already t/214297
I personally disagree with Mario Party, as it forces the player to keep playing for hours, and it also ripoffs the mario party games. I'd prefer the party mode as listed in the thread I linked
Topic Starter
EvenHaugland
Wow, that's wierd, it goes on the same thing I said. I promise I didn't copy straight form that post. They're alittle different, so should I keep mine, or should I delete my post?
Seijiro
Don't worry, I will be marking this as dupe and will move it, no need for deletion (you can't delete it anyways :P)
Maybe talk with the ownerof the other thread to put the link to this thread into his description or something if you need to add something to that idea.