forum

[Archived] Osu! crashes after being left open for an amount of time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KodaKuna
Problem Details:

It's kind of a vague issue, but I usually leave my osu open overnight cause I'm lazy. Now that would be fine obviously, But for some reason if I leave osu open and it's not the main screen, it slowly crashes? Something equivalent? The longer it's closed the worse the "Crash" is. If I leave it open in the background for around two to three hours, It completely crashes, as in, I click the tab and it's just a black screen with no music and not responding. It's extremely hard to close once it does this so I just opt in to kill the task in the morning If I forgot to close it as it's more advantageous.
(I can add in extra info if requested obviously ;p)
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160421.6 (latest)
Andrea
Sounds like an issue related to your RAM, maybe your memory reaches the limit.

Have you tried testing with different versions and see if you get the same issue?
Pawsu
Switch to cutting edge and try to replicate.
When it happens, provide runtime.log here.
peppy
Are you running fullscreen or is osu! minimised when this happens? Have you tried using the "boss key" instead?
abraker

peppy wrote:

Are you running fullscreen or is osu! minimised when this happens? Have you tried using the "boss key" instead?
Happens to me as well. I'm using fullscreen and leave osu! minimized overnight. It crashes after leaving running for too long into either "application is not responding" or very less often into one of those generic appcrash errors if is using too much memory. I can't get any reports if it suddenly freezes afaik, so not sure how I can help.

I also don't use the boss key since it's easier to just alt+tab because habbit.
Pawsu
similar to this also: t/393567