forum

The Legend of Dragoon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
Well,I'd like to hear your opinion about this game :D
For me it is awesome. So,if someone played this game - share you opinion,please :)
awp
Yes this game is awesome. I've never completed it (I'm on disc 4 for the second time) but the gameplay is quite fun. Horrible cliches, horrible writing, decent soundtrack, wonderful graphics for its time. Okay, pretty much the only thing this game has going for it is the combat, since there's no actual character building, side-quests are kept to a minimum, and I couldn't really give a rats ass about the story, but it's still one of the PSX's best RPGs. I'll complete it some day.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

awp wrote:

Yes this game is awesome. I've never completed it (I'm on disc 4 for the second time) but the gameplay is quite fun. Horrible cliches, horrible writing, decent soundtrack, wonderful graphics for its time. Okay, pretty much the only thing this game has going for it is the combat, since there's no actual character building, side-quests are kept to a minimum, and I couldn't really give a rats ass about the story, but it's still one of the PSX's best RPGs. I'll complete it some day.
Nice to see people,who are similar in opinion with me ;)
Btw where are you now exactly? :)
awp
I'm in the Death place? It's called Mayfil, I believe. There's a whole bunch of optional boss fights (the dragons) that you can run past and lots of teleportals.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

awp wrote:

I'm in the Death place? It's called Mayfil, I believe. There's a whole bunch of optional boss fights (the dragons) that you can run past and lots of teleportals.
oh,I remember that place =_=
I stuck there when I passed this game first time..but when I tried to pass this place I made a good lvl up,so I won't forget it :D
Very bad that there are no beatmaps with songs from this game :(
SPOILER
Maybe you can do it,awp :) You are a good mapper. Your Danimal Cannon from Chrono Trigger is my favourite map in osu! ;) Maybe you can do the same great maps with songs from LoD? ;)
heintsi

_Giorgos_ wrote:

awp wrote:

oh,I remember that place =_=
I stuck there when I passed this game first time..but when I tried to pass this place I made a good lvl up,so I won't forget it :D
Very bad that there are no beatmaps with songs from this game :(
SPOILER
Maybe you can do it,awp :) You are a good mapper. Your Danimal Cannon from Chrono Trigger is my favourite map in osu! ;) Maybe you can do the same great maps with songs from LoD? ;)
imo this game didnt have good soundtrack, every boss/battle theme is same. combat is awesome though and story isnt bad either(dunno why i like it). english voiceovers could've also been better, but it's old game, can't complain( i always laugh at rose's WAAAFFGGHH when he does her astral drain move)
This game also must have one of the longest last boss fight ever, having about 5 + forms. every form took about 20 mins cause of those longass exaggerated spell animations.. they were fun at first time, sure, but i'd like to have a way to skip those. haven't tried to kill him again cause its just bit too long fight to me.
Hero Claw
sorry my bad english ):
i love legend of dragoon, is really a awesome game

wait i like the bosses ;__;

SPOILER
i really like the battle vs divine dragon <3
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
I like all the things in this game :D
And what about soundtracks..there are songs which would be nice to see in ranked beatmaps :D
For example - music in Royal Castle. It is awesome :)
Mogsy
All it really had going for it was the combat. It's a nostalgia trip, for sure, but definitely not one of the best RPGs on the PSX. I still found it fun, though.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Mogsworth wrote:

All it really had going for it was the combat. It's a nostalgia trip, for sure, but definitely not one of the best RPGs on the PSX. I still found it fun, though.
I think everyone who played this game still find it fun ;)
Sallad4ever
this is very old

The only thing I can remember from this game is the battle, very unique seeing most of RPG of it's time are using the menu side scrolling battle
Merrroco
Most forums say no posting if the thread's been dead for 2 weeks, so sorry if it's too late to post. I have this game on my PSX Emulator so I can play it any time, and it's still very much fun to play. Just like Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Dragon Quarter is fun to.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Merrroco wrote:

Most forums say no posting if the thread's been dead for 2 weeks, so sorry if it's too late to post. I have this game on my PSX Emulator so I can play it any time, and it's still very much fun to play. Just like Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Dragon Quarter is fun to.
It is never late,my friend :) For me it is better to have it on PS1 and to play it on TV :)
so,did you pass all this game?
Merrroco

Giorgos wrote:

Merrroco wrote:

It is never late,my friend :) For me it is better to have it on PS1 and to play it on TV :)
so,did you pass all this game?
I've beaten the game 16 times in a row once.
awp
yay after 10 long years I've beaten the game (and completing almost none of the optional stuff)

never realized how truly bad the voice acting was until the final cinematic
Merrroco

awp wrote:

yay after 10 long years I've beaten the game (and completing almost none of the optional stuff)

The voice acting was not bad at all, don't disrespect this game. If you're gonna disrespect it then don't even post on this tread.
Mogsy

Merrroco wrote:

awp wrote:

The voice acting was not bad at all, don't disrespect this game. If you're gonna disrespect it then don't even post on this tread.
How dare people have opinions!

The voice acting truly is atrocious, even for its time.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
Well,anyway,congratulations,awp! :)

did you guys find all 50 stardust in this game?
awp
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

awp wrote:

not so much,man :D
Tchim

Giorgos wrote:

did you guys find all 50 stardust in this game?
I did on my last playthrough. It was very underwhelming... Probably won't bother to do it again in the future.
Merrroco
never realized how truly bad the voice acting was until the final cinematic[/quote]
The voice acting was not bad at all, don't disrespect this game. If you're gonna disrespect it then don't even post on this tread.[/quote]
How dare people have opinions!

The voice acting truly is atrocious, even for its time.[/quote]
How dare you have an opinion, the voice acting was funominal, oh and I know where evry thing is located in the game so I have all 50 stardust
awp
You can't spell funominal without fun

and that's what the game was. It was fun.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
Hell yeah,I'll make this super necropost in my own thread,cuz I want to talk MORE about this game! Are there any other people,who played LoD? Share your opinions!
Tetsu_old
It's my favourite game of all-time. It's one of the best jRPG (for me it's the best) and it's very underrated game.
This game has everything:
Great characters (my favourite are Dart & Lloyd), amazing OST, very good story, good graphics (1999) and very good and unique (back then) battle system.

Oh and about Legend of Dragoon 2:
I still occasionally hear from fans of The Legend of Dragoon, and many want to know if there is a sequel. LOD2 was put into preproduction after I left the Japan Studio, but was eventually cancelled for some unknown reason, and the team members moved on to different projects. Some people still work in the Japan Studio, so we talk about the memories of developing LOD when we see each other at company functions.