forum

I dont know how to spin ;_;

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo

Kitsunex wrote:

Spinning CCW is the natural rotation of your hand, in the long run it'll help you spin faster with less effort
Well that is what Ive been trying to do, but I can barely get to 350rpm CCW but if I can spin CW very well I can easily get up to 400rpm+
abraker
Increasing mouse sensitivity help with spinning although it worsens your precision. Also this belongs in the Gameplay and Rankings subforum
DeathHydra
I don't see a problem in spinning clockwise. Some people do that as well.

abraker wrote:

Also this belongs in the Gameplay and Rankings subforum
VeilStar
Moved.
KanoSet
me neither

Edit: always do what feels more comfortable for your hand and work on making it do better
Upskirt

VeilStar wrote:

Moved.
I saw you in #osu
Full Tablet
If you feel more comfortable spinning CCW, and you already reach about 350rpm that way (which is usually enough to get a 300 in most spinners, with some exceptions), you can just do that. Getting the bonus score from over-spinning only tends to help while trying to get into the score leaderboards of easy maps. Not straining yourself while spinning makes spinners act as breaks while playing a map, which can be useful to maintain stamina during the play.

If you want to optimize your spinning speed, try each direction for a while and test what works best for you. It is likely that, in the end, the fastest way to spin for you is also the most comfortable way to spin.
ithgyu
just spin whatever way is faster omg
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo

Full Tablet wrote:

If you feel more comfortable spinning CCW, and you already reach about 350rpm that way (which is usually enough to get a 300 in most spinners, with some exceptions), you can just do that. Getting the bonus score from over-spinning only tends to help while trying to get into the score leaderboards of easy maps. Not straining yourself while spinning makes spinners act as breaks while playing a map, which can be useful to maintain stamina during the play.

If you want to optimize your spinning speed, try each direction for a while and test what works best for you. It is likely that, in the end, the fastest way to spin for you is also the most comfortable way to spin.
I previously played with an area size that of hvicks, but recently changed to full area (Need more accuracy) and now barely can clear spinners.
Any tips how to spin?
chainpullz
Area doesn't matter. RPM doesn't care about radius so your IRL radius of spinning doesn't need to change.

Play OD10 HP10 without NF long enough trying for passes and you'll either learn to acc or learn to spin. You only really need to be able to do one or the other save for spinner30+HR.
Pituophis
Why do people try to force themselves to spin the "correct" way? Just spin the way that feels more natural/is the fastest for you.
Full Tablet

DrSensei-Hugo wrote:

I previously played with an area size that of hvicks, but recently changed to full area (Need more accuracy) and now barely can clear spinners.
Any tips how to spin?
Changing the tablet area shouldn't have an effect on spin rate. Just spin the same way (regardless of how the circle looks on the screen), and the RPM should be the same.
Sylveon
i spin about 320. and clockwise, i give no fucks
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo
The thing is that It takes alot more time for me to reach full speed on CW (For example, it takes me 0,5s to reach 350rpm CCW, and about over a second to reach 350rpm on CW) so for short spinners I spin CCW but for over 3sec long I spin CW. I want to learn to spin CW only so I dont get confused
-Makishima S-
Just spin, there is no right way.
CW / CCW - both are right, this depends on what is natural to you.
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo

[Taiga] wrote:

Just spin, there is no right way.
CW / CCW - both are right, this depends on what is natural to you.
When I started playing osu I spinned CCW because it felt more natural, but then I noticed that CW allows me to spin faster. Also I played for like 3 months spinning CW and my hand hurts if I spin CCW. But the problem is that I spin in ovals instead of circles which sucks
-Makishima S-
Practice more.
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo
Thanks for help guys. I found the solution and it works like this: When I spin I spread my ring and pinky finger as far from the pen as I can and just vibrate my hand. I spin clockwise because that way its easier and faster. Thanks for help. See ya in osu! :P
[Paradoxum]
Pick a route, either CCW or CW. Then settle on it.
Next, try to put your strength unto your arms, but focus your control on your wrist,
by this you can have a strong and better control.
Dont forget to practice/warm-up with spin maps. First 10seconds, then 20, then marathon spin maps
like Speedway by NixxSkate if you can do it.
chainpullz
A common misconception people have about getting the most force out of a single body part is that they should focus on using just that body part. Example, if the only part of your body you move when you punch is your arm, the force is proportional to mass and your arm doesn't weigh fuck all for what it's worth. On the other hand, if you rotate your entire upper body in tandem with your punch you can funnel the force to accelerate your punch.

The same concept applies with spinning but for obvious reasons you aren't going to be able to use your entire upper body. Essentially if your rotation starts at the shoulder joint you can funnel all that extra force into your spin when performed properly. This technique works the best if you keep your circles nice and tight.

It also goes without saying that you should keep your circles centered on the center of the screen.
Baka94

Sylveon wrote:

i spin about 320. and clockwise, i give no fucks
Same :D
Others have told me that it's weird that I spin clockwise :'D
Topic Starter
Dr Sensei-Hugo

chainpullz wrote:

A common misconception people have about getting the most force out of a single body part is that they should focus on using just that body part. Example, if the only part of your body you move when you punch is your arm, the force is proportional to mass and your arm doesn't weigh fuck all for what it's worth. On the other hand, if you rotate your entire upper body in tandem with your punch you can funnel the force to accelerate your punch.

The same concept applies with spinning but for obvious reasons you aren't going to be able to use your entire upper body. Essentially if your rotation starts at the shoulder joint you can funnel all that extra force into your spin when performed properly. This technique works the best if you keep your circles nice and tight.

It also goes without saying that you should keep your circles centered on the center of the screen.
Yea thats actually how I do it. Its so much slower on CCW (Yesterday did the osu spinner map and average spin speed was 284rpm, counter-clockwise) and it hurts now to spin CCW so gonna stick to CW :)

_Ra1N_ wrote:

Pick a route, either CCW or CW. Then settle on it.
Next, try to put your strength unto your arms, but focus your control on your wrist,
by this you can have a strong and better control.
Dont forget to practice/warm-up with spin maps. First 10seconds, then 20, then marathon spin maps
like Speedway by NixxSkate if you can do it.
Thats how I warmup before I play, along with some 6 star warmup shitmaps ;)
-Makishima S-
Spinning is useless anyway.

#250rpmForever