forum

osu!Skins Skin Display Page

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EmanuelAlcon
Alright, so hello guys. I am a small osu! YouTuber, in my channel I review skins, and make skinning tutorials. But this post is not a shout out for my channel or whatever. This post is about to telling you of a "service" I am offering. It's free, please don't run away! (This is related to skinning, hence why I am posting it here. Sorry if it doesn't belong here. )

A few weeks back, I bought a domain (http://osuskins.org/). I was being stupid, don't ask what my reasoning behind it was. But for right now, we are working on the website, but I am still not sure what I want to put on it. So for right now, I want to let people display their skins there.

YouTube Video if you are too lazy (Like me xD)

What do you mean by "displaying our skins" there?

If you want me to make your own page in my domain, you will have to give me a list of all your skins, links, and pictures. (Like the ones that are included for display on the example website).
Here's an example of something I did as an example (this is not the prettiest thing out there, please do not set your standards high): http://osuskins.org/xi9w

Do you know how to code a website, and make your page pretty?

Well, that's perfect! If you know how to do this, you can code your own website, send me the HTML, and CSS files (CSS files are not required) and I will upload them to the page! :) Of course, make sure that you include all images of your skin.
Preference
I would love it if you upload your images somewhere else instead of sending them to me and link them to the page. Also, please make sure that your page doesn't take forever to load. You can send me the files on .zip file or independently. (Only one page per person!)

Hey, I don't know how to code a website, what do I do?

I will use a template (like xi9w's website) and I will insert everything there.

Okay, but can I customize it and make it pretty?

Of course you can! There are a few things you can tell me to remove, or change, or add.
Expand this to see what you can change!
Things you can tell me to change:
  • 1. Background Color- I can change the color, you just need to give me the hex color number. Or, you can give me an image to set as the background. (Preferably a single colour, or dots. No anime or at least make sure that the image fits well on the website, else I will just use a basic color. Sorry!)
    2. Text color- If you want me to change the text color, please make sure people are able to read it! If people cannot read it, I will just change it to whatever I think people can read.
    3.No Titles: You don't want the titles above the skins image? That's fine, I will remove them!
    4. No line- You don't want the lines separating the skins and images? I can remove them!
Please do remember if you do not provide your own code, this is just a template. I will not do costume websites for everyone, even if I want to, it would take too much time!

Alright, so let's say I want you to have my skins displaying up there, what do I need?

The requirements are quite easy to be honest.
Requirements!
  • 1. I need your skins, links, and thumbnail picture* I would love it if you upload your skins to some other page like Imgur and just sent me link to the picture! :)
    2. All links for the for each individual skin!
    3. Make sure the thumbnail or skin banner is 600x200 or smaller!
And that is it. :)
*= If you do not include an image link, or an image. This will display in place for the skin banner!

Rules!

Of course, there are rules, but I am not strict. They are pretty simple to follow.
Rules
  • 1. One page per person!
    2. For right now, please do not include any 18+ content there... for obvious reasons.
    3. You may link skins outside of the osu! Skinning Forum.

I read all of that, and I think I want you to host a page for me

Sure thing. Click on the box to see what kind of format I would like you to use if you want me to use the template page. If you want to send me the files that you made for yourself there will also be an example of how I want you to send them!
Template Layout
Hey, could you please use your template for the skin page, here are the things you need.
Background Color: #cececd
Text Color: #ffffff
Image Links: (Insert Image links here )
Skin Names: (Names Here)
Thank you!

Your own code
Hey, I made my own code for the Skin Page, could you please use it?
Here are the files: (Insert .zip file download or files)
Thank you!

Thank you to the people who read through all that! The service is free, of course. But do remember that it's only me uploading and updating every skin page. If I take a while, bear in mind I have a YouTube channel, and I also have a life outside of it. I will get to updating links and everything as soon as I can!
If you wish to help me improve my website or help me build it more, please PM me. Any help is appreciated :) If you wish to submit a template for other people to use, go ahead and PM me :) I plan on having more templates released soon for you guys depending on how this goes :)

Edit: Added YouTube Video for lazy people who don't want to read! (I don't blame you xD)
_Indeketsu
Oh cool!!
Dzomboy
:D
GoodSmile
Really will love to see this being fully developed. GL with this :D .
pixeldesu
Nice project, but I believe it's going to be a lot of work if more people request pages on your site!

There are already other skin databases working, like this one for example: /t/137046

Other than that, the team is working on getting a skin database into the new website, so pages with all your skins will probably be possible as well!
Yukisa_old_1
Ummm.....i can't open submit skin because 404 not find found :-(
Topic Starter
EmanuelAlcon

Nisa-Senpai wrote:

Ummm.....i can't open submit skin because 404 not find found :-(
The links on the website are just for show. You can request your own page here.