forum

How to get sound from ACB files?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NicoHolic777
Don't know where this belong to so I think I should post here.

I wanted to get some sound files from an android game to help with my project. So I dig into the data folder, and found some .acb files in the sound folder.

Only the thing is, I don't know how to play a sound from it. I tried googling for the solution but none worked. Do anyone have solution?
IppE

Tatsuya Kaname wrote:

I wanted to get some sound files from an android game to help with my project.
The actual sound assets are most likely in the base.apk file you find in the data/app/* folders, not as loose files around and about.

Also none of the known files with .acb extension have anything to do with sounds.
Topic Starter
NicoHolic777
Well, it's a downloaded content (everything downloaded and updated after downloading the app from Store and during the first launch). And there was recently a major update, resulting in all .ogg files disappeared and acb files come in their place with the same names... (If the ogg files were still there I wouldn't have posted here.)
Flanster

Tatsuya Kaname wrote:

Well, it's a downloaded content (everything downloaded and updated after downloading the app from Store and during the first launch). And there was recently a major update, resulting in all .ogg files disappeared and acb files come in their place with the same names... (If the ogg files were still there I wouldn't have posted here.)
You sure those aren't just OGG files with a renamed extension?
Topic Starter
NicoHolic777
Well, tried renaming them to ogg. It didn't work.