forum

I don't understand...?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Alright so i've been playing OSU for about 3 months now and I can clear a lot of 3 star - 4 star songs. One thing I have a problem with and maybe someone knows the answer to.. I can be playing a 3 star song and hit a 50 and a 100 and my health bar will drop to the red yet on other 3 star songs I can straight up miss 3 or 4 notes and it doesnt even half health me. Why is this? I've found 4 and a half star songs that are easier than some 3 star songs just because the 3 star song fails you so much quicker. Why is this?
Skybussa
How many notes it takes to fail depends on the HP parameter of that particular map and difficulty. You can locate this by looking at the top left corner of your osu! when looking at a particular map.

The higher the HP parameter, the greater the penalty for missing a note and thus the greater the drain.

For example, if you play a map with HP2 and another with HP4 and miss a note, you will lose more health on the map with HP4.

You can find more info about HP drain and other aspects of the game here if you have further questions.

Star rating is not the most accurate representation of a maps difficulty.. it is not a perfect system (but it still gives a good idea).
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Oh okay I see now thank you very much.
Skybussa
No problem, we have all had this question (or similar ones) at one point or another! :)
ithgyu
also drain in this game is stupid
Railey2
drain also depends on object density and map length. TV-sizes with high density will have a way more punishing drain than 8 minute marathon with a couple of really long spinners and slow parts - even if they both have (for example) HP8