forum

Circle Sizes [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zelos
What I am asking here is to remove the option to make circle sizes smaller than Normal

EDIT: Basically i dont see a reason to keep the smallest circle size. But people see a use for the 2nd smallest.
So yeah, smallest circle size go away or something

Why?

#1: No one uses small circles anymore.

#2: If a pending map has it, its one of the first things pointed out that one should use Normal

#3: Recent ranked maps dont have anything smaller than Normal anyway.

#4: IF somehow ranked, a low user rating may result.
deadbeat
no support..i could understand the smallest size being killed off though
James2250

deadbeat wrote:

no support..i could understand the smallest size being killed off though
Pretty much this, smaller circles than normal still get used occasionally (and they allowed if the mapper really wants them)
Also they might come back into style in the future

I doubt the smallest size is really needed though~
AdRon Zh3Ro
Though it's not commonly used, it's there so mappers use them. Same thing with Approching Rate, Draining Rate, Overral Difficulty.

And in some approved maps, can add an special fun to the map or just for challange.
Topic Starter
Zelos

AdRon Zh3Ro wrote:

Though it's not commonly used, it's there so mappers use them. Same thing with Approching Rate, Draining Rate, Overral Difficulty.

And in some approved maps, can add an special fun to the map or just for challange.
Those are completely different things.
SapphireGhost
I think that the smallest circle size should remain in the game via editing the program, but it should be unrankable because honestly, the usage is very rare and it does little more than annoy. It does not enhance a beatmap experience, in my opinion.

See how annoying it is to read small things?
deadbeat
not unrankable..but i'd suggest removing the option from the editor...but maybe keep it as a option in the osb. just so the option is still there incase someone wants it for god knows what reason
Card N'FoRcE

Zelos wrote:

#1: No one uses small circles anymore.

#2: If a pending map has it, its one of the first things pointed out that one should use Normal
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24566

Try and ask me to use Normal Here, i dare you. I'll never do that.

I never support any kind of these "remove X" things, so no support for this one either.

EDIT: also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22874
"Chaos" is a awesome difficulty (imho, but still) because the usage of small circles is really nice.
And it's got 9.4
mm201
The only change that makes sense to me is to bring back size 2.
Galkan

MetalMario201 wrote:

Yes, please? :3
TKiller

MetalMario201 wrote:

oh yeah, it was really lovely and could be used in interesting ways
Zekira

MetalMario201 wrote:

YES YES YES
Ekaru
What the-

I quit.

Really, though, size 6 & 7 are perfect for slower maps where you want close spacing without being messy, and they've been used well in the past. James made an awesome size 8 map once, actually, though I can't remember what it was, only what the BG looked like.

@MM201: Yes please!
Card N'FoRcE
I'm pretty sure you're talking about this one.

Also:

Zekira wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

YES YES YES
Lesjuh
People already complain at me for using the standard circle size ):

If small circles annoy you should get more accurate instead of trying to get them off the game.
Derekku
Size 6 is still used occasionally, but I haven't seen 7 in forever (plus it's just too small). I think that 3 is big enough for just about any Easy map, but I'd rather see a usable size 2 than an unusable size 7.
Topic Starter
Zelos

Lesjuh wrote:

People already complain at me for using the standard circle size ):

If small circles annoy you should get more accurate instead of trying to get them off the game.
I dont see what the problem really is if you use Normal. That i dont understand.
Ephemeral
it's less accuracy and more that normal hitcircles look bad and don't really add anything to a map aside from making it more annoying