forum

Option to shuffle songs at the title screen [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
dRaiKed
I am not sure if anyone actually does this, but sometimes when I am not playing osu! I like to leave it running in the background at the start menu and let it play all the beatmap songs while I do something else.

I just love the all beatmap songs I download because they are songs which I know I will enjoy and I would actually like to have a shuffle option (like with any iPod) at the start menu to be able to shuffle these songs. For those who don't know, shuffle means all songs are played only once and in a random order until all songs have all been played.

Sometimes I get annoyed at the same songs being on frequent rotation without the other songs having a fair go. And usually when I do listen to songs I play fullscreen games and it is too much of a nuisance to alt tab and press next.

I think this feature will be useful and very simple to employ into osu and I hope other members of the community supports this also.
SapphireGhost
Not a bad idea. We all listen to music once in a while, so I support this.
deadbeat
they all ready do shuffle...don't they?
Weez
It's already in shuffle...
Topic Starter
dRaiKed
Is it really? I just tested it out by continually pressing next song and I can see some of the repeats.

I also don't think all my songs were already played. Anyone else thinks this is all in shuffle already?
Mara
Not that kinda shuffle where media player ignores last played songs.
rust45
Use something made for media playback, like iTunes.
Derekku

rust45 wrote:

Use something made for media playback, like iTunes.
Except that a method like that won't be possible in the future.

There was a previous issue where the song select (f2) random feature wasn't entirely random. There could be a slight chance that something similar is wrong with the jukebox, but that would be a bug report, not a feature request. If you still have doubts that the jukebox isn't shuffling correctly, then don't hesitate to start a thread in the Help forum.
Topic Starter
dRaiKed
Well it seems some people are misunderstood me.

I don't have the problem with the random feature when choosing a song to play. But it's just right at the start (at the start menu) where osu just chooses songs and there is a small player in the top right corner. It's there where I believe the songs do not shuffle and play every song once until every song is played.
adam2046
They didn't misunderstand you.