forum

Improving Timing & General CtB Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lay
My names Spark, yes I've played ctb for about 8-9 months >.<

More and more recently I've noticed players, not so much "complaining" but more just talking about timing and how they're too slow/too fast
So, I thought I'd put my 5 cents in and all those with a few extra cents to throw in feel welcome! Maybe we can make a whole dollar! Thats almost a month of supporter ;)

For ctb, timing is everything. Whether its a ctb specific map or an autoconvert, your timing can make or break you.
A few people have come to me and asked how they can get better at timing their jumps and their movements.
  • My answer is this:
  1. Skin for me is very important its about finding what you can read well, whether its circles, squares, hexagons, panties, fruit or miku heads it doesnt matter, if you can read it well, stick with it. Your skin is what makes you unique and ensures you can play competently
  2. Try experimenting with volumes as crazy as that sounds, some songs, i have to turn my music right down, and I mean right down so I can focus on the hitsounds more, others I need everything at 100% to even pass the intro. You need to sort out at what level you play best. Mind-numbing-loud, or hear-yourself-smashing-keys-quiet
  3. Avoid playing a high AR map, and then going back to a slower one this can be the biggest factor to your failure. There is no use going and playing an AR10 map and then complaining you cant do an AR8, you need to either cool yourself down, or ease you way back down, otherwise if youre in the AR10 zone, keep that up, it wont last forever. Trust me
  4. Last thing I wanna say is, have fun! if you're focusing too intensly on the map and the FC you need to get, you need to take a moment, chill out, watch some youtube and come back prepared to play and spend more time dancing to the song than playing it... unless thats just me... O.o
Have fun when playing the game guys, dont get toooo into the whole FC thing, really enjoying just trying to get good scores on harder non-FCable maps atm for me. Timing comes with, yes, PRACTICE so keep at it and if all else fails, may the great gods of CtB give you better advice xx
Ayachi Meme
thank you sparky-kun